• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Martial Artists' Training Log

bushido_man96

4/6

Short warm up with PTK footwork. Right into form with the single stick. Finished with knife angles and thrust pattern.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4/7/2014

Defensive Tactics club: 1:30 - 2:30 pm. Bag work: there are 6 different hanging bags in the Wrestling room we train in, so I did 6 different 1 min rounds, 1 round per bag:

Jab/cross combos

Back leg round kicks

Elbow strikes

Uppercuts/hooks

All-out

Low round kicks

Took between 30 and 40 seconds break between each round. After that, I did about 20 minutes of sparring with takedowns and grappling included (didn't do any grappling, though). No head punches, though, but we didn't have any padding on, either. I was totally wasted after that, and am still a bit sore. I really need to spar more.

Wrestling: 4:00 - 4:30 pm. Worked with Kendall on stand-ups (solo), switches (solo and partner, from both sides), and an Iowa defense. He also worked on his Greco/Freestyle gut wrenches with his little brother. Little brother wasn't quite up for that.

TKD class: 6:00 - 7:10 pm. Taught, working through basics at a pretty good clip, did new forms, then new one-steps.

4/9/2014

Defensive Tactics club: 2:00 - 3:00 pm. Worked on stand-up today. The coach went over the details he's learned over the years in setting up the stance, circling and moving. We did bag work, doing jabs, crosses, and some hook punches.

Wrestling: 3:40 - 4:15. Worked with Kendall again on solo stand-ups, and switches, both solo and with partner. Trying to work some kinks out of the switch that he has when he gets in a hurry. Warmed up on the rowing machine.

9/4

2hr fighting heavy contact ending with a couple of full knockdown bouts .

“A human life gains luster and strength only when it is polished and tempered.”

Sosai Masutatsu Oyama (1923 - 1994) Founder of Kyokushin Karate.

4/9

Drilled chains of Monday's material.

30 min free roll.

4/10

Warm up with some Inasanto blend stick worth. Moved into PTK forms. Finished with knife patterns.

4/12

Kali footwork warm up. Spent extended time breaking down PTK form and drilling individual angles, then reconstructing it. Cool down with some fluid attacks.

4/14

Drilled side mount to knee in transition. Far side arm bar and kimura. Finished by north shin control transition back to side.

40 min free roll.