5 min no gi against the cage.

21 Feb 2014.

-1hr Kyokushin class, afternoon.

-90min Kyokushin class, evening.

24 Feb 2014.

-2hr Kyokushin class.

-Single stick drills, 20min.

25 Feb 2014.

-Circuits, 30min of 1min rounds (1min break every 10 rounds), cycling cardio, abs, legs and arms/shoulders.

-Drilled kicks, mainly working front kicks and switch knees.

-Warm down and stretch, 5min.

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

7/26

Drilled RNC and moved into lapel chokes from rear mount.

30 min free roll.

7/27

Drilled stick work patterns with movement. Light and short stick sparring work.

2/24/2014

Taught TKD: 6:00 - 7:30 pm. Basics, did some extra front leg front kick work from back stances, working on proper positioning and getting the kick off without shifting much or shuffling the feet out of the stance. Forms, more review, working on all colored belt forms except Hwa Rang. Broke them off gradually by rank for one-steps. Instead of sparring, we did some bag work on the kicking shields, front leg front kicks from back stances. Focused on good balance of the stance, not shifting the back or front foot when lifting to kick. The focus was more on the stance than the kick, but the shields helped to realize where the stance needed to be.

2/25/2014

Wrestling with Kendall: 3:45 - 4:10 pm. Worked with Kendall on stand-ups and switches mainly. We have our big club tourney this weekend, and then we are going to gear up for state.

2/28

Drilled lapel chokes from rear mount.

30 min free roll

15 min takedown work

15 min no gi against the fence with one of the fighters.

3/1

Day 1 of Warrior's Weekend seminar. I'll have more posts elsewhere about the event. But I got a couple of hours training with some Dog Brothers MAs, Wing Chung, and then I taught a block of BJJ for JKD.

3/2

Day 2 with knife work from Pekiti Tirsia Kali and JKD low line attacks.....and a broken toe.

3/3

Drilled taking back from guard followed by armbar from same position.

10 min free roll.

Suffer over broken toe for a bit and realize I shouldn't have hit up open mat. Lol.

Whew. Now I feel like I caught up finally!

Rough deal, training with a broken toe, Alex! Hope it gets better soon for you.

2/26 and 2/27/2014

DT for Department: I taught two sessions for our deputies and jailers over two days. 6:00 - 9:00 pm on day one, and 7:00 - 10:00 pm on day two. I covered a lot of the GRACIE stuff, review standing punch blocks, disengaging, and getting into clinch and takedown from behind. Also worked 2 reversals with bad guy mounted (either choking/restraining or postured up and punching), and elbow escape. From there, we worked disengaging or getting to mount to restrain with an Americana. With the second class, I had a better group that really moved along, and we got to really cover a lot more stuff. We got into some guard work, praying out for Kimura, and the weapon retention version of Kimura from guard. I felt like we had some really good sessions, and the even better news is that the Sheriff would like for me to conduct monthly training sessions, so our guys and gals can stay somewhat fresh on the stuff. I know I'm missing something here that I went over, and if I think of it, I'll come back and edit. :roll:

3/4

Drilled material from the weekend. Had to walk thru the footwork due to the toe. But did get lots of reps of form and attack angles. Warmed up with some previous double stick work.

Finished night with abs and weight circuit.

3/5

Drilled lapel choke from guard. Gaining and maintaining dominant guard position.

15 min free roll.

Warmed up with knife angels from the previous weekend.