• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10/3

Attacks from top of turtle. Two variants of taking back and bow and arrow chokes. Anaconda variant w gi.

45 min free roll. No gi time helping one of our fighters. Worked on peruvian neck time from Monday night for my own part.

10/4

90 min of time helping prep fighters for this months fight. Gave feeds for half guard work and live back. Drilled clinch breaks to combo work. Worked on RNC variant.

20 min free roll.

xo, how did you like the first Gracie lesson?

10/6

Drilled over the week's material from top of turtle.

30 min free roll, focused on the material from the week. I have a Peruvian necktie that is getting better.

30 m in free roll working with fighter

Tallgeese, I'm repeating 1. lesson today for the 3rd time in a week.

I've modified the lesson so that we practice after most of the instructions. Not just when we should. You get more reps that way and instruction comes in smaller "bytes". (On every new lesson has been a new student also.)

Today I've asked the new student - my godson - to watch the lessons before he comes to roll with me. Hope he does - learning would be faster:)

I like the progressive feature of Gracie lessons - everything is build over what is learned before. I also used the standard variation of mount at our club to roll over my partners from a drill, where the goal was to stay in mount:) It was a surprise! Too easy to be expected.

Also I like the idea that you can mentally drill lesson 1 and future lessons too. It's easier to do mental training when you have a clear lesson plan and instruction that you can also watch.

10/7 Gracie lesson 1 :-)