• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9/17

Drilled esacpe from bottom side. Worked from facing away from top control. Started with a head hunting manuver. Went to a greko style upper body lock from an over hook. Last we worked a roll back into the top guy and used a kimura to sweep.

45 min free roll.

9/18

Drilled bottom escapes/ sweeps from side control.

45 min free roll. Some no gi work with the fighters.

On 9/5/2012, I went in to the hospital and had shoulder surgery. The operational goal was to scrape 8 mm of bone off the clavicle bone to the left of the right AC joint, and then root around to see if anything else needed repair. Thankfully, the bone scrape was all I needed. However, after surgery, in my anesthitcally-diluted state of mind, I apparently denied any pain control, and may have said some not very nice things to some nurses (that's what I was told, anyway, for which I profusely apologized...). So after an hour of delirious pain, my wife was allowed to come back to the room, at which point pain meds began being dispersed. I'll say this, morphine is BAAAAAD! I got so far behind on the pain that I had to stay a few days in the hospital, halucinating and throwing up thanks to the lovely pain medication.

But, I did make it home, and boy, was I in pain. I took the crappy percoset they sent home for a few days, and then switched to Tylenol and Ibuprofen so I could keep a clearer head. On 9/11/2012, I started rehab...oh, joy!

9/11/2012

AM - Rehab at the clinic, 45 minutes.

PM Rehab exercises at home.

9/12/2012

Ordered to keep up rehab exercises at home, twice a day on days I don't go to the clinic, and just once on the clinic days. Oh, joy!

AM - Rehab at the clinic

Home - several sets of 3 rep tension side kicks, both legs.

Bag work

left jab: 10

left lead hook: 10

left lead uppercut: 10

left cross: 10

left rear hook: 10

left rear uppercut: 10

left upset knifehand strike: 10

left knifehand strike: 10

left ridgehand strike: 10

PM - 40 min painful rehab.

9/19

Drilled side to mount transition. Finished with an ankle lock from side and an arm bar.

45 min free roll

9/13/2012

One afternoon and one evening of home rehab, 25 minutes each.

9/14/2012

Physical therapy at the clinic in the morning for 45 minutes. One session at home for 25 minutes.

9/15/2012

Home sessions, 25 minutes in the am and pm.

9/16/2012

More of the same. Its monotonous.

9/21

Drilled escape from the scarf. Rolling to leg choke, then upa to arm bar, and finally out the back door.

Drilled with one of the fighters giving bottom half for 20.

20 more min free roll.