• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Martial Artists' Training Log

bushido_man96

6/11

pm: Yeah, I don't know how I got talked into this one.

Drilled single side weave. Moved to arm-in guillotine. Finished with 10 finger choke.

45 min free roll.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6/12

Drilled umpa mount escape followed by knee push escape and variant. 35 min free roll.

Now off to an afternoon of force on force.

6/15

am:

cop specific ground fighting. Worked weapons retention from bottom in dynamic setting.

pm:

Drilled guard passing. Double unders, over under, and knee slide. 15 min roll guard v. pass.

45 min free roll.

6/11-6/15

Running, pullups, pushups, burbies, sit-ups,flutter kicks, side-strattle hops(Jumping Jacks in laymans terms). All while being shouted at and demeaned by our TAC officers.

6/16

Drilled side to knee in position. Far side arm bar. Far side arm to kimura. Finished with baseball bat choke from knee in.

15 min side mount v. escape

30 min free roll.

6/18

Drilled cross collar chokes and variants. Again, I am forced to admit that after years of rolling, I don't know all that much after all.

35 min free roll

15 min free roll no gi working with fighter for upcoming bout.

6/11/2012

Teaching TKD

Adult class: 6 - 7. Basics, forms, one-steps. Worked some on breakfalls since the orange belts have to fall in a one-step. Prior to class, I got some stretching in.

6/13/2012

Floor kicks: side kicks: 3x10 each side; round kicks: 3x10 each side. Tried to work them with my 6 year old son, but he had lazy floppy body going on, so we didn't do too much.

6/18/2012

Floor kicks: side kicks: 3x10 each side; round kicks: 3x10 each side.

6/20/2012

Stretch: seated straddle, working to the left and right, and a bit of hip and glute stretching.

Continuous Kicks

Side kick: 5 each side

Round kick: 5 each side

Hook kick: 5 each side

I did the sides, then rounds, then hooks, rapid succession, so there was no rest between each; just long enough to switch sides. Used a bannister for balance.

Forms: Kwang Gae and Poe Uen, just walk throughs in the house for review.

I've been unable to get to the gym regularly, due to my right shoulder issues. I go see an ortho this week, and we'll see what we get to do from there. I can't lift weights, and doing strikes and blocks aggravates the shoulder, too. This is misery.