• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Martial Artists' Training Log

bushido_man96

11/23

Drilled preventing the half guard. Omo from defense. Then kimura from defense of half. Finished with kimura sweep from same posture.

45 min free roll.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GS, glad to hear that you're working the new guys over principles so well. The more I'm around combative situations, the more I realize just how important building a response pattern around principle rather than technique is. They can't start "getting" this soon enough.

11/25

90 min free roll. Out every other round. Some long rounds.

GS & MP, here is some footage of our own mini Post-Thanksgiving Day Purification (thanks LP for coming up with that). There's some open guard work and some excellent defense by my partner. Maybe it will be useful to you guys considering how good Brian is a breaking down footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q23naq4BA84

It is my basement. I forgot you didn't get the chance to make it up at the last get together. The other side is a weight room that's got at least the basics with a treadmill.

11/28

Drilled defeating the double under pass. Moved into countering via moving under one of the arms to triangle position. Finished the triangle. Then used same coutner to move into spider guard position. Tweaked spider guard work a bit.

30 min free roll. Worked thru some specific points with coach over X guard transitions and timing.

11/15/2011

TKD class: 6:00 - 7:00. Basics, stretch, forms, one-steps, sparring. I spaced out the time between techniques in my form a bit, and it felt much cleaner upon finishing. My instructor also gave me some pointers on some U-shaped punching and kicking sections in the form to clean it up a bit, and give a bit more power.

11/16/2011

Deffley 5x5B

Dead lift: warmup: 135x5, 175x5, 210x5; work: 370x5x3

Push presses: warmup: 45x5x2, 65x3, 75x2; work: 120x5x5

11/17/2011

Range

Night Qualification, with pistol, patrol rifle, and shotgun. Shot 50/50 with pistol (first perfect score ever!), 18/20 on rifle, and 10/10 with shotgun. Overall, a pretty good night. But any night spent throwing lead is a good night... :brow: