• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Martial Artists' Training Log

bushido_man96

No Vader force chokes, but I'm hopeful that this will be imparted to me soon. GS, I've got guys coming over to roll tomorrow. I'll try to cut some video and link it for the series I'm talking about to share.

11/15

Drilled doubles and singles, running the pipe on the doubles. Drilled setting up takedowns from negative positions. Moved into lifting single leg. Finished by drilling mount maintenance.

15 min of randori for takedowns

25 min free roll.

Thanks, that would be much appreciated

11/15

ground mobility drills

40 min freeroll

white and yellow belt angle drill

attack and defend drills

Here is the video of what I was talking about. On watching it back, I can see how one might refer to it as your super guillotine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcFVcG0p5yg

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11/9/2011

Deffley 5x5

Dead lift: warmup: 135x5, 175x5, 210x5; work: 365x5x3. Not as many reps per set, but more sets overall, so volume increase. I love it!

Push press: warmup: 45x5x2; work: 95x5x5, 115x3x5. I added the push press to Wednesday's workouts, to get more shoulder work in.

Stretch: standing quads, front/twist/side kick bar stretch, toe touches, chest/tris/bis.

11/11/2011

Deffley 5x5

Squats: warmup: 45x5x2, 135x5, 205x3, 225x2; work: 285x3x5, 320x1

Overhead press: warmup: 45x5x2, 70x5, 90x3, 100x2; work: 145x5x5

Seated good mornings: 100x3x12

Hip thrusts: 3x8

Stretch: standing/kneeling quads, seiza, front/twist/side bar stretch, toe touches, reverse hurdler, butterfly and glutes, seated knee hugs and back twists, chest/tris/bis.

The seated good mornings and hip thrusts are posterior chain accessory exercises, hopefully to help get my back stronger so I can stay more upright for squatting heavy, and to help with my dead lift lockouts. So far so good. I've noticed that my weight lifting has helped me feel stronger in TKD classes, too.

11/17

Drilled taking mount from standing v. open guard. Then to arm bar and arm bar escape. Finished with transition to triangle on escape effort.

45 min free roll. Got to set up and use a couple of new spider guard tactics learned earlier this week.

No Vader force chokes, but I'm hopeful that this will be imparted to me soon. GS, I've got guys coming over to roll tomorrow. I'll try to cut some video and link it for the series I'm talking about to share.

11/15

Drilled doubles and singles, running the pipe on the doubles. Drilled setting up takedowns from negative positions. Moved into lifting single leg. Finished by drilling mount maintenance.

15 min of randori for takedowns

25 min free roll.

Thanks, that would be much appreciated

11/15

ground mobility drills

40 min freeroll

white and yellow belt angle drill

attack and defend drills

Here is the video of what I was talking about. On watching it back, I can see how one might refer to it as your super guillotine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcFVcG0p5yg

Thanks, I'll use that.

My fists bleed death. -Akuma

11/14/2011

Deffley 5x5

Squats: warmup: 45x5x2, 135x5, 205x3, 225x2; work: 290x3x5

Bench press: warmup: 45x5x2, 135x5, 155x3, 175x2; work: 245x5,5,4,4,2

Barbell rows: 75x5x2, 95x3, 105x2; work: 155x5x5

Seated good mornings: 105x3x12

Hip thrusts: 3x8

Stretch: standing/kneeling quads, seiza, rev. hurdler, butterfly and glutes, seated knee hugs and back twists, toe touches, chest/tris/bis.

11/21

Finally, after a three day layoff due to sickness, I'm back.

Drilled pummel to takedown x 15 min

Drilled maintining side v. escape, eyes closed x 30

Free roll for 30

Sweet!

11/22

Drilled take down. Worked randori. Focused on single to underhook trip. More randori. Running the pipe, more randori.

25 min free roll