• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9/19

Drilled pummelling to takedowns. Worked on open guard sweeps. Basic positinal drills.

30 min free roll

30 min mma sparring w/ striking on ground

Alex, how long are the BJJ classes you attend, and how long are the classes you teach?

9-19-10

15 lunges each side. 10 side kicks each side.

9-20-10

DT class today! Finally got to do something! Worked cuffing techniques, which was good review. About an hour long class.

The BJJ school I attend does 1 hour technical classes, 10-15 min of which is warming up. After that, it's 40-60 min of open mat time so you're looking at close to a couple of hours total. Sat. classes are entirely open rolling for 1-1.5 hours total.

When I train guys, I spend alot of time working the standing systems I come out of, however, lately, I've been using it as another lab to work stuff I need to spend extra time on with the BJJ. Usually those run around 1-1.5 hours and include technical work, mitts or drilling, and sparring of some sort.

9/20

BJJ nite:

Drilled collar choke from guard, flow into armbar, finish with dealing with being stacked from said armbar.

40 min free roll.

Thanks, Alex. It sounded like you were getting close to 2 hours in per session, but wanted to check. The Aikido classes go two hours, when I can get there, and depending on the day, TKD goes 1 to 1.5 hours. Unfortunately, basics and forms take up most of the time there.

9-20-10

15 side kicks each leg. Also practiced the inner crescent kick/slap hand into side kick section of my form. I really hate this part of the form, so I am focusing on it now.

9-21-10

Weights, finally: push day: bench press, incline bench, triceps push-downs and triceps press.

Also got to do some Combat Hapkido!

9/21-

Drilled takedowns for rounds. Worked open guard to arm bar. Then moved to closed guard sweeps follows by movement to triangles.

30 min free roll.