today-

crossfit (modified)-

5 rounds of:

10 pullups

20 push ups

30 sit ups

40 squats

back/bis

Cool down with knife work again. Working on streamlining footwork and movement with the patterned responses I've been putting together. Have to test against a committed attacker soon.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3-4-09

Weights

Bench press: 215x8, 9 fail

Row: 160x6, 7 fail

Military press: 125x5, 6 fail

Lat pull-down: 160x6, 7 fail

Machine curl: 50x7, 8 fail

Triceps push-down: 165x6, 7 fail

Ab wheel: 6, 6

Cardio: Bike for 20 minutes.

3-5-09

It was a beautiful day today. It was nice walking the dog this morning. We walked about a mile.

TKD class: 6:00 - 7:00. After class, I spent about 20 minutes working with some of the colored belt students to review some forms.

today-

2.5 mile run

abs

4, 2 min rounds

1-shadow boxing, focus on setting up angles, bringing rear hand into play

2-kicks

3-both

4-ground n pound bag

Spent some time working my knife project. Have the foot work intergrated now pretty well. It turns out it's alot of upper body movments and shortened aiki turns. Now on to the furter testing phases, if all goes well, I'll start building on follow up.

3-6-09

Weights

Bench press: 215x7, 8 fail

Row: 160x6, 7 fail

Military press: 125x4, 5 fail

Machine curl: 50x8

Triceps press-down: 165x7, 8 fail

Ab wheel: 5, 5

Cardio: Bike for 25 minutes.

3-7-09

Aikido class: 10:30 - 12:15. Today was a pretty good class. I feel more comfortable with the basic movements, although some of the names are still hard in learning. For technique work, we actually focused on one technique to work on this time, called Katatori Ikkyo (lapel grab/ "First Teaching" and pin). What was nice is that instead of letting the grab happen, we stepped back as the attacker stepped in, and grabbed the attacking hand, and applied the technique. This is one of the techniques that is required should I get to test, so it was nice to work on it. I feel like I can work with the technique on my own, and break it down into sections to make it happen.

3-8-09

Went for a walk in the evening. It was so nice out, that I got to wear shorts for once! I think we walked around 2 miles.

3-9-09 (first session)

100 Push-ups

Week 5, Day 1: 17, 19, 15, 15, 30 (max was 20 minimum) = 96.

today-

chest/tris

break

3, 2 min rounds on mitts- cut angle, combo, increase stirkes, then finish with takedown.

cirucit with:

3, 2 min rounds on the ground n pound bag. Constant striking.

circut with:

3, 2 min rounds of holding the mitt gloves for the combo.

20 min of working ankle locks from the high single takedown from combo and defenses

6, 3 min rounds of free roll

Finish with breaking down armbars from guard that someone was struggling on.

3-9-09 (Session 2)

Weights

Bench press: 215x8, 9 fail

Row: 160x8, 9 fail

Military press: 125x4, 5 fail

Machine curls: 50x8, 9 fail

Triceps push-down: 165x7, 8 fail

Ab wheel: 7, 7

Aikido session: 2:00 - 2:30. We focused on Ikkyo, and I feel more and more comfortable with this technique now. This focused time is really helping me out.

Hapkido session: 2:30 - 3:00. Worked on yellow and orange belt material, and did the first half of my red belt curriculum.

Cardio: Bike for 25 minutes.

3-10-09

Aikido session: 3:30 - 4:00. Focused on Ikkyo again.

TKD class: 6:00 - 7:00. We did some forms review in class, as well as some free-flowing combinations. At the end of class, we did some kicking drills to help fire off the hip flexors. Prior to class, I spent time focusing on the section of my form where I do the crescent kick-hand slap into side kick. Its getting better...

today-

3 mile run (cold-but outside)

back/bis

Cool down with my knife project. Movement patterns are down I think. Now I'm taking pains to get the angle of the blade right as well as the angle of the interception for the best cuts.