• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

World Combat League

I finally got to watch a couple episodes last night. Pretty cool. There were a couple good knockouts and the girls really went at it! One guy actually got DQ for being too passive. Do you think it will catch on? I like it because it is full contact/kickboxing. MMA is cool but isn't as exciting to me anymore.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

No. It's just kickboxing, not MMA. There were some good knockouts sure, but they could have been avoided if takedowns were allowed. People know this now and won't like watching it. My belief is, in the world of full contact fighting sports, boxing and MMA will end up reigning supreme. Everything else will take a back seat.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Although it is not the UFC, and it may have trouble competing with boxing, I think that it can still carve out it's own little nitch in the world of MA competition.

When Mr. Norris set it up, he designed the rules to make the action fast-paced and really upbeat. Since it is designed to get rid of stalling, this is the advantage that it has over MMA, and even boxing, to an extent.

What is nice about it is that just about any stand up style can be represented on it. Karate, traditional TKDists, Olympic TKDists, kempo fighters; just about anyone can get into it, if they are willing to put in the time and training. One of my instructor's good friends was a professional kickboxer, and he got into the WCL competition in Atlanta, and did well.

The city vs. city set-up is kind of nice, too.

While it may not get the huge numbers that UFC is currently getting, I think it would fit perfectly with a timeslot on Spike TV before or after UFC.

I really like the look of this show!

I play a wrestling game online. If you'd like to play follow this link

http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w= 133896

While it may not get the huge numbers that UFC is currently getting, I think it would fit perfectly with a timeslot on Spike TV before or after UFC.

All I got to see is the fights as they are put on you tube. Is there more to the show than that? What network is it currently on?

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

I really like the look of this show!

That is true! It would be cool to see it get some air time like that.

If I remember right, their are so many members per team, and one team member fights for 2 or 3 minutes, and then they break while another team member fights, and then they kind of cycle through. That way, each fighter is fresh for each round, and that way the action stays upbeat, with no stalling. I think they actually get bonus points for putting together fast, upbeat combinations, for being aggresive.

I had never heard of WCL before today. I like most combative sports each one offering its strategies and techniques unique to that sport. In many cases their are competitions in these sports that only a purist will enjoy. I do not believe that WCL will have this problem its strength comes in its non stop action. I believe that the average person will enjoy this more than boxing, NHB, kickboxing, or any other combative sport. I would like to know what channels this comes on cause I would like to see it.

Victory or a reasonable alternative.