• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Creatine for performance?

Cheers Kicky! :razz:

So do you actually put on a lot of muscle? (I am a woman and don't really want to look like Schwarzenegger!) However I would be interested in it if it helped the aerobic stuff, concomitant with good training of course!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My karma will run over your dogma

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does improve your ability to perform high intensity exercise over a number of intermittent sets probably due to the fact that by boosting stores of high energy phosphate in your muscles. So it does help you squeeze out an extra rep or two which improves the intensity of your workout but it has no effect on aerobic performance.

Although you may not want to look like Arnold :brow: (don't take this as sexist boyz!), you would probably want the optimum amount of muscle fullness for an athletically "fit woman". Creatine can cause about 2-3 pounds of lean muscle gain in as little as a week due to its muscle cell volumizing effect. When creatine hits the muscle, water follows and you get a better pump. (not the same as a bloat which is thoroughly unattractive :down: the weight gained is just the result of better muscle cell hydration.

For women --- 3 grams/day for 28 days is enough to saturate muscle after which 2 grams a day should maintain creatine stores at optimal levels. Yes, be sure to drink plenty of water! It is safe (as with anything.... don't overdo!)

• 2 weeks later...
OK, I know everyone has there opinions on whether or not to take creatine and if it does any good or not. I did a lot of research into the subject with doctors and elite trainers and the results are that unless you are a top-notch world class athlete you are not going to benefit from taking it at all. Most people will not get anything except water retention. If you do decide to take it make sure you drink a bunch of water every day.

"let those who shed blood with me be forever known as my brother."

• 2 weeks later...

Creatine is some great stuff. It does not just add water retention. It increases muscle recovery, and helps add lean mass that will be retained even when the cycle is over, granted that the water that WAS retained will be flushed out so you will be smaller than when you are on creatine but bigger than before.

Semper Fi

Well I just started lifting a week ago. My dad's a bit of a weightlifing guru. He dropped 50 pounds and about 10% body fat in 6 months working 20 minutes a day. Anyway, he's having me start w/creatine and protein shakes. Saying that in 3 months or so I could be really built. Hope it works, and I'll keep you updated. (if anyone cares, that is)

cho dan TSD

"Every second that you are not training, someone somewhere is training to kick your butt"- Kyo Sa Lyle (my instructor)

"Where we going in 5 months?!?!?!" "Cali!!"

-Spring Break '04

"Life begins at 130 mph".

I started on the creatine a few weeks ago.

Can't really comment on the results coz i've changed my work out quite considerably.

I have started getting cramp in some muscles though and some real bad aches!! Don't know if thats as a result of usinc C or not?

What about the quality of creatine. Is creatine - Creatine or do you really get what you pay for? Should you go for the more expensive? or are they just bulked up wih products you don't need?

Bretty :brow:

Bretty101: How much Creatine are you taking in? You might want to slow down a bit to reduce crampings. Also, You do get what you pay for in most instances but there is lee-way with it (you don't need the most expensive).

Semper Fi