• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

favorite workout or drill?

tessone

I searched and couldn't find a similar question.

What is your favorite drill or workout?

Today we did calf raises with people mounted on our backs. I didn't think I'd get through 50/50 (50 weighted down, 50 normal), but I did and got a grin out of our teacher when I said, "Too easy, sir!"

Chris Tessone

Brown Belt, Kuk Sool Won

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I like and hate squat kicks. Just squat down and come up and kick. Change legs each time you can thow front, side, etc. Its great I think.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

5 sets of bench press, 4 sets of chins, 4 sets of pullups, 4 sets of dumbell rows.

Quite painful. :wink:

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

Kicking the crap outta targets/bags :bigwink: (looking at B.O.B. as I speak ready for a round hehehehe). Warm-up stuff, I like push-ups, sit-ups, and stretching. I hate squat jumps, but I know they will build my calves for doin tricks hehehehehe.

Laurie F

Heavy Bag (wavemaster) kick/punch drills .... and CARDIO!!! .... our cardiokickbox 1 hour non-stop workout which includes the stretches, ab work, push ups, squat/lunges, bit of pilates.....

since I have been doing this I haven't found anything that incorporates a little bit of everything so your're crosstraining and not bored with the same old. Lots of sweat!!!! :nod:

My favorite workout is practicing my kata, it helps with my endurance and stamina as well as refining the kata itself.

Best regards,

Jack Makinson

you call your instructor Sir? (or were you being cheeky!?)

In KSW, you're supposed to call anyone who outranks you (except color belts) sir. The black belts tend also to call each other sir, regardless of rank. The color belts often do this too. I think it's probably more a reflection of the formal mode used in most Korean speech.

Chris Tessone

Brown Belt, Kuk Sool Won