• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is anyone doing any home improvement projects?

bushido_man96

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you should buy yourself a big ol' black power saw. Or a monster black snow blower with tank treads and a headlight. :brow:

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

Then you should buy yourself a big ol' black power saw. Or a monster black snow blower with tank treads and a headlight. :brow:

:lol: :lol: Maybe I should! I deserve it!

Yeah you do! And don't forget the beer holders.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I have some home improvement updates....

My wife just finished painting the kitchen, for the most part. It looks very nice, I must say. She spent more time stripping wallpaper than painting, though.

We have assembled the frame of the bookcase that is going into our son's room, and have put the first coat of paint on it. One more coat, and then I can work on the shelving. I was enjoying this project, until I managed to DUMP HALF OF THE CAN OF PAINT ON MY HAND, SHOES, AND FLOOR! :kaioken: After that, I pretty much lost all interest and patience in working on it that night. :x

Next, my wife says we need to strip and re-stain our deck. That will be a good time. Right now, the weather is really pleasant. I just want to make sure we don't get a spring blizzard or something before we start that project.

I was enjoying this project, until I managed to DUMP HALF OF THE CAN OF PAINT ON MY HAND, SHOES, AND FLOOR!

That sucks, Bushido Man!

Yesterday I got out the mower for its first job of the season. It was good to hit the grass once to start its new growth. Then I fertilized the lawn. After that I cleaned the garage, then took the kids to Subway and on a picnic to the park because the weather was so nice. After we got home I cleaned the storeroom and the basement. I think I get my good-deed badge for a Sunday. See what you can get done when there's no football on? :lol:

Tonight I'm doing my taxes! Woo hoo! :dodgy:

My house is a consant DIY project - although am rushing now to get it all done for June. Am having a bash for my 25th bday so want the house up to scratch, got so much to do.... This weekend its stripping the bathroom ceiling and rewallpapering

Karate Ni Sentinashi

• 2 months later...

Things I finished up this Memorial Day Weekend (and week):

The bookcase in my son's room.

Hanging the crown molding in my daughter's room.

Hanging up a coat hanger.

Hanging up a key hanger.

Hanging up a decorative shelf in our living room.

Thanks go out to my dad and his power tools (mainly, the compound miter saw :brow: )!

Now, onto more projects! :o

Last weekend: hung 5 curtain rods, planted new front yard. Not exactly what I had in mind for Memorial Day. I would rather have gone to Arlington Cemetery to reflect.