• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is anyone doing any home improvement projects?

bushido_man96

Moving around so much has been good for us in that regard. We always have to slim down our "inventory." Before this last move, my wife and I had put everything into clear plastic storage boxes to organize our entire basement. It was great. But movers don't move stuff in your own boxes for fear of liability or damage issues, so they unpacked everything and repacked it in cardboard moving boxes. Same thing for all my tools. Now we have stacks of plastic storage boxes in our basement, and we have to do it all over again. That little project comes this weekend when we put all the Christmas stuff away.

:dodgy: Oh boy.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife started working on painting the living room today. I think we will be painting it one wall at a time, as the paint we are using is a bit pricey.

To offset the work, we will be doing some of the other walls as well, in a different (cheaper) color.

I've recently been doing out the spare bedroom. I've finished the decorating, putting up shelves and installing a new light fitting, I just need to hang some new curtains now.

Another project I've been doing has been clearing out all the rubbish, especially in the cellar. Today I took a load of junk to the tip in my car. There was an old wardrobe, a broken scanner, some half-empty paint cans and a ton of other stuff. Amazing the stuff you keep just in case it comes in handy (which IMO, it hardly ever does!!).

Now I've had all that lot in my car it means I have to clean/vacuum the car out now. Why is it when you do one job there always seems to be 10 others associated with it?? :lol:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

We have 3 of the living room walls finished, with just one left. We have a nice suede finish going, and I like it. My wife loves it. We also have to get another coat of a lighter color of paint on the remaining walls in the hallway, kitchen, and stairwell. It should all look great when it is done.

I think I laid 6 miles of tape just to get ready to paint! :x

Why is it when you do one job there always seems to be 10 others associated with it?? :lol:

This is so true! :lol:

Of course, you'll need $10K worth of new furniture to go with those walls...

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

I made a start! Brian your thread was a bad influence on me :P (or good) :lol: Ryans room has ivory walls with a blue ceiling and blue woodwork. I'm having his carpet fitted next wednesday. Then i'm going to buy his doctor who wardrobe and curtains. He's a lucky boy! :)

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

I made a start! Brian your thread was a bad influence on me :P (or good) :lol: Ryans room has ivory walls with a blue ceiling and blue woodwork. I'm having his carpet fitted next wednesday. Then i'm going to buy his doctor who wardrobe and curtains. He's a lucky boy! :)

Oh, come now, I am a good influence! This is about constant improvement, right? How can that be bad??? :lol:

The funny thing at my house right now is that we are almost finished with about 3 different projects, and starting another! :lol:

I started getting new appliances instead of the old ones. If all goes well this year will mean new windows, doors and a new painting for all the walls. That's gonna cost a lot :D

My wife wanted to do a faux suede kind of thing on the walls of our living room. It looks great, I love it, but man, the PRICE! And we still have one wall left to do! :o

This afternoon I am putting primer on some of the bookshelf pieces, and some other pieces for my daughter's room.