• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is anyone doing any home improvement projects?

bushido_man96

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!! Only for the past 5 years......seems my hubby can't seemed to get it finished!!!!!!!

8)

That's because you guys are so dang busy. But you guys did a lot to that house. It looks good so far.

Laurie F

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to my recently past nightmare. Maybe a better question is, "what home improvement projects HAVEN'T you done?" And this on a 5 year old house. The hardest thing was cutting up the concrete and tile floor of my shower with a saw. Most dust I've ever seen!

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

Having just bought a homethis year , I have a lot to do.

The priorities are a chainlink fence for the backyard, so I can let the dogs run loose, a bigger patio, and installing a woodstove by next winter.

Longer terms include a home theatre in the basement, doorstairs bathroom and bedroom, and whatever else fits!

I play a wrestling game online. If you'd like to play follow this link

http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w= 133896

Maybe a better question is, "what home improvement projects HAVEN'T you done?"

This may be the better way to word it! :lol:

This weekend we put up a new light fixture, and hung some wood blinds in the daughter's room.

Today I will be putting primer on some of the pieces to the bookcase we have to build.

When we moved into this brand new rental house, we literally had no light except in the kitchen and bathrooms. The second day here I had to install seven overhead light fixtures, wire them in and everything. THAT sucked. This isn't even my house.

When we moved into this brand new rental house, we literally had no light except in the kitchen and bathrooms. The second day here I had to install seven overhead light fixtures, wire them in and everything. THAT sucked. This isn't even my house.

I would be pitching a gripe about that, if I were you.

We made them give us an allowance for window treatments, but they said lamps were good enough and overhead lights were our choice. After a point, it wasn't worth arguing because we already had moved in under lease, and didn't notice until we moved in and it got dark. He said I could always take the lights with me.

Yeah. That'll happen.

Thanks for the encouragement bud!!!

8)

No problem, bud. Keep up the good work.

I just got something for Christmas from one of my friends (got it late on New Years, but that's ok). She got me an asian looking candle holder. It's beautiful. I'm going to put that in my asian themed bathroom. It matches nicely (then I'll make her go to class with me, right Heidi ;) ).

My next project (other than the livingroom) will be making my better half get rid of his "pack-rat" stuff .... it drives me nuts!

Laurie F

My next project (other than the livingroom) will be making my better half get rid of his "pack-rat" stuff .... it drives me nuts!

I hear you there! My wife is the guilty party here...she keeps everything!