• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is anyone doing any home improvement projects?

bushido_man96

Currently, the wife and I are working on repainting and re-designing our daughter's bedroom. Soon after, we will be re-painting the living room. Fun-fun, good times!!

How about everyone else? Got any home projects going on?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well not at the moment but i desperatly need to! When i return home from my holiday i'm planning doing Ryan's bedroom, he wants all doctor who stuff. Wardrobe, bed set ect so that gonna be expensive. Then i'm going to concentrate on the living room, i need a new carpet but i don't see the point in getting a new one when the rest needs doing, so i will do the whole lot!

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

I don't know if this counts, but I spent a bunch of time recently setting up my room. Organizing audio/video equipment, hanging pictures (like 25 of them), etc. I've got some to go. I am waiting on some speaker stands, I have another 20ish pictures to hang and I may be buying this huge, huge piece for my wall (4 1/2 feet by 4 feet) and I have to organize my music collection, which is just stacked up to a wall right now. :)

We redid both bathrooms. The upstairs one, we just repainted. But the downstairs one had to have the ugly wallpaper riped down, the walls painted, and we put new tiles down on the floor, and the cabinet rebuilt (new doors and a paint job). It is actually an "asian themed" bathroom now. We have a chinese scroll and a Korean picture in there with asian looking fake flowers in there.

I would love to do our living room next. It is so dark in there. The one wall is dark wood. I'd like to white-wash that wall, and paint the rest.

Laurie F

I have spent most of my life travelling around including 10 moves and 13 contract jobs in the last 3 years as I moved back to England.

Now that the moving is finally over, I have had a chance to try out some home projects for the first time.

I am finding it quite interesting. My first room to tackle was the bathroom with new shower curtain, new towel rail, new bathmat, new towels, etc. It took me 2 days on and off, plus giving it a good clean of course.

I'm very happy with it now.

The next room to address will be my office ... (a lot of sorting out to do in this one).

I've not done anything recently,but since I bought my house, I redid part of the kitchen to replace the stove, that took about 2 weeks working on it in 2 hr blocks, since my knee would revolt after about 2 hrs.

I managed to overlay my front sidewalk from the house to the street with 48 16"x16"x2" concrete pavers laid on top of leveling sand spread over the old cracked up and sunk walkway. This took 3 weekends.

I tore up the old vinyl rolled flooring in my bathroom and replaced it with the self stick squares. It took 3 days to scrape the old vinyl off the floor, prep the wood subfloor and lay in the new squares. It's been 3 yrs, and the stuff hasn't tried to peel up, so I must've done it right.

That's been my major projects. I've also done things like replace wall switches with slide switches, to give more variable lighting, since I sometimes can't stand bright light with my migraines.

what goes around, comes around

updating the lighting a little at a time. Painting is next but that will probably be done in the spring.

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

Well, the daughter's bedroom is almost done, aside from the designing phase. The painting will be done this week, and crown molding put up as well.