• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My first Comp

karate carolyn

hey all

On Saturday i had my first compatition. It was just the club one but none the less i had great fun and to top it all off i came 3rd in Kumite (adult womens class). It was great but at some points i was a bit puzzled by the scoring i.e i would make contact to the body with my kick but yet would not recieve a point. Later someone told me that you have to land 3 to the torso to recieve a point.

so can anyone give me on some info on the scoring guidelines?

thanks

Karate Carolyn

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I am glad to hear that you had a good time, Carolyn! Congrats on your place! :karate:

As for the scoring guidelines, it sounds different than what I am used to, so I can't offer much assistance. Sorry!

• 4 weeks later...

Well done Carolyn! Good luck for your next tourney.

The best person to ask about the rules used at that competition would be your Sensei or someone who was an official. They will be able to explain clearly how to score points and why some of your techniques seemed to 'score' but that you didn't get points for them.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Carolyn great job. I hope you have many more. Usually you would receive a point for a kick to the body. I believe your points were not seen/overlooked. Judging and refereeing is not easy. Things happen fast and all the points don't always get called. Don't be discouraged though. Keep going to as many as you can. You will get better and better.

Thanks,

Sensei Tom