• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What book are you currently reading?

bushido_man96

Right now I am reading Treasure, by Clive Cussler. It is my main focus, anyway. I have also started a book titled Axe Kick from the Achieving Kicking Excellence series. These are pretty nice books as well. They each break down a different kick, and help with practice, training, and applications. Not too bad.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm currently waiting for "American Shaolin" from the library. Ordered it 2 weeks ago. The reviews have been great, so I have to see for myself.

Other than that. I'll read whatever catches my eye. Just finished "The Loch" and "Thud." Strange. "Thud" took me a week to finish and "The Loch" took me 2 days. Trying to read "Excalibur Alternative" right now.

I'm mostly into Sci-Fi and Fantasy. But the library REALLY has a poor selection. Only 4 small shelves. And one whole shelf is devoted to books by William Shatner. Don't know about his stuff yet. May have to try it or start travelling and trying different libraries.

Would love to start a series, but not from the library. I tried the Spiderwick Chronicles last month. Its a 5 book series but I was never able to get book 2. (Even ordered it. Never showed up). It looks like the library has lousy series sets. 3 or 4 series and usually 1 or 2 are missing. Not really worth trying to order and wait for a missing book.

I'm currently waiting for "American Shaolin" from the library. Ordered it 2 weeks ago. The reviews have been great, so I have to see for myself.

I think that this book looks interesting as well. I am considering picking it up here in a month or two.

When you get into it, let us know what its like.

• 3 weeks later...

I think that this book looks interesting as well. I am considering picking it up here in a month or two.

When you get into it, let us know what its like.

Dissappointed. I ended up buying the book. Library screwed me up and I got tired of waiting. Got it for $5.00 used. Excellent condition. Appears to be autographed by author. Can't tell if its real or just printed that way.

But anyway. book started off interesting, but then fell apart at the end like the author was running out of ideas and just patching stories together. My son is trying to read it now. If you're interested in reading it, I won't go into details. Had I gotten this from the Library on time, and after reading it, I would not go out and buy it for my own library. I'd rate this a 6 out of 10.