• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What would you have done?

Shotokan-kez

Yesterday i went shopping for last minute christmas things and winter accessories for the boys. I decided to buy Ryan a new coat for christmas. I saw a gorgeous one in a sports shop, on the tag it said £49.99 but was reduced to £17.99 so i thought "wow what a fab saving i'll have that". In my basket i also had a hat, socks and some gloves. I took all four to the till and watched her scan all items. I was ready to hand her £30 but then she said £10.01!!!!

I knew she hadn't charged me for the coat but i left the shop anyway. Now i bet your all thinking..."Kerry! How dishonest!" I know i guess it was a little dishonest but normally i am a very honest person. But i did see her scan the coat on the till so i dont understand why i wasn't charged with it. As far as i see it, it was the shops mistake not mine, is that wrong?

So how many of you would have stopped and say "hey you didnt charge for the coat?"

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I probably would have looked at my receipt (it's possible that the coat was cheaper than what it was marked as - it happens) and if she did, in fact, forget to scan to coat completely, I would have mentioned it. At the end of the day, you probably want to treat people as you'd like to be treated. So, in this case, if you made a mistake, you probably wouldn't want someone taking advantage of it.

You could always go back to the store (whenever you are around there next) with the receipt and the coat and mention that you noticed that you weren't charged.

I probably would have mentioned it at the time, but if I had left the store without noticing then I would just take it as 'catching a a break'. You sound like a decent enough person, and lord knows we all could use a financial break now and again, so if it's not keeping you up at night, I wouldnt worry about it.

I dout any chain store will notice that amount in the long wrong, unlike a regualr person like you.

I play a wrestling game online. If you'd like to play follow this link

http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w= 133896

Usually, if I don't notice it by the time I get my change, I'm unlikely to notice it at all. If I do notice it though I usually say something.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

I probably would have mentioned it at the time, but if I had left the store without noticing then I would just take it as 'catching a a break'. You sound like a decent enough person, and lord knows we all could use a financial break now and again, so if it's not keeping you up at night, I wouldnt worry about it.

I dout any chain store will notice that amount in the long wrong, unlike a regualr person like you.

^^This^^

Call it a lucky break and don't give it a second thought. Think of it as the clothing equivalent of taping a couple of CDs :D

I'm a big believer in karma.

Pay for the coat and free your conscience--you'll benefit in the long run.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

I would normally mention something about it, just to make sure.

Here is a related story: I went to the Home Depot with my family, as my dad was laying down some serious cash to buy big time woodworking tools to build some cabinets for his shop. To make a long story short, we got out to the vehicle with the merchandise, and my dad looked at the reciept, thinking something sounded funny. It turned out that they didn't charge him for an $800 item! So, he went back in, and let them know, and got it all taken care of.

He was kind of kicking himself, but he knew he had to do the right thing.

Well i got my commupance guys! I can't go back to pay for the coat because last night my wallet was stolen :o And in it was much more the value of the coat. There was £40 cash and a £50 cheque. I was out drinking with friends for a birthday, i got in the taxi to go home and realised it had gone. :bawling:

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

I'm a big believer in karma.

Pay for the coat and free your conscience--you'll benefit in the long run.

With respect,

Sohan

Well i got my commupance guys! I can't go back to pay for the coat because last night my wallet was stolen And in it was much more the value of the coat. There was £40 cash and a £50 cheque. I was out drinking with friends for a birthday, i got in the taxi to go home and realised it had gone.

...its almost spooky.

That sucks Kez, sorry to hear.

I play a wrestling game online. If you'd like to play follow this link

http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w= 133896