Liddell v Ortiz (2)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been following MMA for years and alot of people thought Ortiz would take it the first time and Chuck ran through him. Here is my opinion on the situation.

Ortiz beating Forrest by close decision, not very impressive(some could argue he lost this fight). Ortiz easily beat a well over the hill Shamrock twice, not that impressive. Tito hasnt shown much improvement since his last fight with chuck

Chuck avenged his loss to Randy twice who most know is better than Shamrock, but is still over 40 so if you want to argue the same point as above I'll give you that one. BUT Chuck also avenged his loss to Jeremy Horn by TKO, very impressive. CHuck also beat Renato Sobral within 2 mins, a much better grappler than Ortiz. Sobral has in the past beaten PFC fighter "Shogun" Rua and went to a decision loss against FEDOR. very impressive win for Liddell.

Overall Chuck has stopped tougher opponents than Tito. Im giving this fight to Chuck by KO rd 1 or 2

There is no teacher but the enemy.

fights happening on new years eve i think.

Anyway, chuck is my favourite MMA fighter, and, going by their last few fights against opponents, Chuck will easily win again.

Willing - Believing - Achieving

Orange Belt: Freestyle/Sport Karate - Kickboxing - Boxing

This fight is happening on December 20, 2006.

I'm a Chuck Fan!!!! :karate: He is very powerful and very well rounded fighter.

In Chucks last 5 fights, he has not really been to the ground. Lately, He likes to stand and pound. (Note: Chuck was a GREAT wrestler in college before MMA)

if you really analyze ChucK fights -he keeps his hands apart, wider than most (he has big shoulders and back to begin with), allowing him to really shift his weight without losing balance and then counter punch shifting his weigh back towards his opponent.

The last guy Chuck fought was a great wrestler and shot in for the takedown, chuck landed a few punches to his head\temple, all over...

if Tito is going to have a chance, it will be with wrestling\grappling. so he should try and kick Chuck in the head with different kicks waiting for chuck to take him down, then wrestle\grapple.

Its going to be a great fight, but I see Chuck winning in the first 2 minutes of round 1.

I can't wait.

:D

Fear does not exist in this Dojo, does it! No Sensai!!!

Pain does not exist in this Dojo, does it! No Sensai!!!

I think Chuck will pull this out. I think that Tito might have a chance of winning if he can run Chuck out of gas. Not to take anything away from Liddell but in my opinion Tito has some of the best, if not the best, conditioning in the UFC. If he can wear Chuck down, then he might have a shot at a victory.