• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

"Training"

Dbzhub

What is Training exactly.. ? what do you do that is called training like are you training for a martial arts tournament or do you go under a tree.. meditate and then try to cut it down with your sword? ?

Do or do not, there is no try

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

IMHO, I think training is just another word for bettering or getting better at something, but it could be more than that.

"Which one is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

Training is practice to persue your goals. You can train by physical practice and by spiritual practice (if thats in your goals).

Training will more commonly refer to the physical aspect. :smile:

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

I see "training" as the means by which we are able to hone our skill and technique as a martial artist. This could be anything from sparring to gym work for your muscles or meditation to strengthen your mind. Training is YOUR way of better yourself. It is whatever you make it. :karate:

It's important to note that there is a mental (and for some people, spiritual) component to training as well. It's not just lifting weights and running through drills.

Chris Tessone

Brown Belt, Kuk Sool Won

I think training is having something you've already got and improving it like if you do 100 pressups on monday you must try to do 110 on wednesady

It's not good enough to think you can can do it you have to actually do it!!

--Jason (black red black belt in Kung fu)--