• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

chloe bruce

She'd be nice to have at a party, couldn't watch all of it but like Kez said more like dance.

Did a related search and found this

its chloe again but with a bit more grunt.

She did look to have a bit more power in that one.

Here is another, almost the same routine:

Two things I have noticed: 1. She does most (if not all) of the standing kicks with her right leg. 2. The flipping windmill type axe kicks, she always does with her left leg. Unfortunately, now she is very predictable.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boring and is unfortunately what 90% of people want from martial arts classes.

Very true, I think. To the outsider, they either want to see XMA or MMA. Not that this is bad, just that there is so much in between as well.

It's certainly a different sort of martial arts, but i think the choreography will hide her real technique. She's "slow" because she wants to be seen. It's a demonstration.

I think her techniques are pretty sharp, for the most part. It is just the practicality of them, especially the ballet stuff. It is kind of fun to watch though. Just maybe not all the time.

Just imagine what her traditional forms probably look like.

Simply because of the sheer atheletic ability required, I would love to be able to do all of that stuff. However, it's not entirely my thing.

Something that does bother me is this: Why do a jumping kick that ends up being lower than any standing kick you perform. She does it a couple of times. After seeing her kick straight up from standing...her jumping kicks should be much higher. It just makes them look sub-par.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Something that does bother me is this: Why do a jumping kick that ends up being lower than any standing kick you perform. She does it a couple of times. After seeing her kick straight up from standing...her jumping kicks should be much higher. It just makes them look sub-par.

I can kick head high, but my jump side kicks may be right around head height. When I do a jumping side kick, my leg goes straight off of my hip. I can't make my leg go up while jumping, like I can when standing. There are some who can, but it takes quite a dynamic leg ability.

When it comes to jump kicks, it is more about the height of the jump, not the kick, in my experience.

That's exactly correct, the jump kick combines the advantages of momentum and height, while still having the leg at hip height, thus producing a straight line (horizontally) attack which is direct and powerful.

(personally as a rule though, I don't like jump kicks)

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

That's exactly correct, the jump kick combines the advantages of momentum and height, while still having the leg at hip height, thus producing a straight line (horizontally) attack which is direct and powerful.

(personally as a rule though, I don't like jump kicks)

I like to do them just for fun and exercise and skill development, but not for defense, or in sparring. However, learning kicks like the jump spin side kick has helped me to develop a spin side kick that isn't a jump kick, but a very fast switching foot kick, in which both feet leave the ground at the same time. However, it is not a jump.

As far as the height of jump kicks go, front kicks and crescents you can get higher than the ground variations, because of the jumping, but for side kicks, it is tougher to do.