Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've made purchases on ebay off and on over a number of years. Have sold a few things too.

The most important thing I do (aside from using paypal almost exclusively for payment) is to know the retail prices of what I'm looking for, so that I don't get caught up in paying more for something than it's worth. I use a guideline of 75%. If it's going to cost me more than 75% of what the item costs new, INCLUDING shipping, than it's not really worth getting. There are exceptions to such a rule, of course, but it makes a good general guideline, especially for lower priced items.

what goes around, comes around

I have won maybe 400 auctions and I've been burned just once for $8.58. I've bought a few big items ($500 - just bought my Wii over eBay) and it's gone well every other time. I'm really happy with them. I like PayPal, as well. I decided to pick up some eBay stock, as well, since I used them so much. :)

I've never sold anything, though. Just a total buyer. There is so much music I have bought on eBay that 10 years ago I would have never been able to find period. So, I like it a lot.

man, you bought your wii for 500? Shoulda posted here i woulda huked u up with a brand new wii AND zelda for less!

Stand tall and shake the heavens.

No, I didn't buy my Wii for $500 ($440.01 for the Wii, a GameCube, 2 GameCube controllers and 6 GameCube games), but it was around $500 and I've bought a couple of other things in that neighborhood. The most expensive thing was like $585 with shipping, though, I believe.

One thing to keep in mind is that more and more legitimate businesses are doing online selling on eBay. This helps, knowing they are just someone selling something out of thier basement.

I used to by Magic, The Gathering cards on eBay all the time. I always had some real good deals.

I never tried it. I keep hearing about it and I just saw a class about selling on ebay...I may have a few things to sell there and it would be interesting to see what is out there to buy. Once I get my high speed at home I will be able to navigate through it faster.

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt