• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Looking for aniti-martial arts video...

Quite some time ago I came across a short (5-ish mins?) video on the Internet that depicted a male martial artist training, then showed him walking home and getting attacked. The video was meant to show how martial arts training is ineffective, but the actor playing the martial artist made so many mistakes a well trained practitioner would not make (he did not maintain distance, step offline, or pay attention to his surroundings for example).

I was telling my sensei about this and she was interested in seeing it. Does anyone know this video and have a link?

White belt mind. Black belt heart.

Rejoice and be glad!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

That video was obviously created and narrated by people who have never spent any reasonable, responsible time, practicing a martial art.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

Wow, that's strange. Especially at the end it sais that martial artists know so many moves that they, as the narrator sais, are overtrained and don't know what to do.

This is very very false indeed, all these overtrained moves I know as reflexes. Sure this can happen to martial artists, but what shotokankid said can happen just as well, and is even more likely.

Must have been a misplaced 1 april joke.

Green belt Tang Soo Do. And I love it!

What a stupid premise. Just because you're a martial artist doesn't automatically mean you'll be able to win in a 2 on 1 situation like the one in the video. The question is, if attacked by 2 thugs like the ones in the video, would you rather face those guys with or without self defense training? In other words, are the producers of the video suggesting that you'd be a better fighter with no training at all? I know that's what they're saying and, as I said, it's a really stupid premise.