• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Nintendo Wii

Patrick

Is anyone trying to get one or already has one? I picked up one on eBay and found a deal for some games on ToysRUs.com (plus pre-ordering/backordering the new Zelda). Looking forward to giving it a try. Although... I really don't spend much time on gaming. I haven't played any games seriously in months and months. It's kinda sad. :D

Thanks.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its got a very interesting looking controller. The way you can use it to swing a weapon, shoot a gun, or play a sports seems quite innovative. I'm not sure how well it will translot over though. Some people may like to play a game without swinging their arms around. Takes some of teh relazing out of it.

I play a wrestling game online. If you'd like to play follow this link

http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w= 133896

Hi Patrick

Unfortunately living in the UK i've still not got my hands on one. However the pre-orders for Amazon UK sold out in 7 minutes (which is pretty fast). I can't wait to give it a whirl and see what its like. There are lots of people babbling on that its not as powerful but whats more fun, waving your arms around like a fool with your mates or sitting with a pad in your hand. Its also SO much cheaper.

Watch this trailer http://media.play.com/trailers/games/redsteel/ i know its a bit exagerated but I can so imagine doing this.

Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.

A_Train,

Yeah, me either. I'm interested to find out, though. They are also selling a classic controller as well. So, if it's not your thing, but you still want to take advantage of the Nintendo only franchises, that could be a good thing.

Orion,

Yeah, Amazon.com ... and like everywhere here ... sold out quickly. I live in the middle of no where pretty much (beach area) and all we have here for Wii places is like a Wal-Mart. I didn't even bother trying to get a ride. Tried refreshing on Amazon, but it was gone in like a second, literally. It's not that bad on eBay, depending on what that bad is. I figure you can pay $80-$100 over retail to get it now or you can wait to get lucky or just get one in January. I look forward to testing out the online capabilities, as well.

well i heard it was going 2 b pretty fun but istill want a PS3 because they added motin scensors in it 2 so it dose the same as the wii

you must learn different combinations of techniques down to your very soul and they must come without thinking when you finish with one technique, you must immediately go into another until you have attained your goal which is to destroy the enemy.

I have seen some of these commercials, but I was not really aware of what the Wii was. When I was a kid, I had the good 'ol 8 bit system, and heaven knows I put a lot of hours on one of those machines. My previous video game hours probably out-wieghs my KF hours still!! :lol:

I have always been a Nintendo fan, and it is kind of nice to seem they are still alive. I loved my Sega Genesis, though, and we all know where Sega went after the Dreamcast. That saddened me a bit, really. :cry:

I've got a 360 and used to spend hours and hours on it although now my weight training has taken the time away from that. The wii looks good fun, we should start a thread about the things you could say.

I want to play with my wii.

Hi mate, fancy coming over and playing on my wii.

Friend 1:- What did you do over the weekend.

Friend 2:- Spent the time playing with my wii.

My wii's doesn't work properly.

The list does go on...... I'll probably wait until the January sales before I get one.

Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.

The cool thing about Nintendo is that their system will be able to download and play some of the 8, 16, and 32 bit games. All the wii jokes aside, it looks to be a system relying on the entertainment value of it's games, not the sophistication of it's hardware. I'm not dumping $600 on a system other than my PC no matter how good it is.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1