Shotokan-kez

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ours, we have the style in the language of it's origin (eg. Karate students have Japanese, Hapkido students have Korean) and on the other side, the persons name in English.

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Yeah thanks for all the cool advice guys. I will talk to him about it. I can imagine his face if he said "err would you mind your name being on my belt" lol. I dunno. He founded the Shikata Shotokan so maybe i could have that rather than his name or just shotokan. I know i have a long time to wait (six months), but like i have said it's going to be very important and prescious to me so i feel it needs to be right. Once you spend that much on an embroidered belt you can't really go back if you don't like it.

So guys another question,.....

Satin or silk?

i would go with Cotton then satin, and i wouldn't get 2" belt it's too wide, 1.5 or 1.75 is better.

Hi Shotokan-Kez,

Seems like only five minutes ago you were worried over your 1st kyu grading and here we are worrying about the next! How time flies.

Our belts are made by Isami in Japan and are really, really nice. The quality of the calligraphy and embroidery make a big difference and we're very lucky to have someone attached to our organisation that is Sensei level in Japanese calligraphy, so that side is taken care of. So if you're going for that, take the time to get it done nicely as it's something that you will hopefully keep forever and pass on, once you've got it that is. Remember it's just a belt at the end of the day, it's heartbreaking but people do lose them and revert to wearing a plain one from the shops, at which point you need to remember it's you that makes the belt and not the other way round. Good luck with the training.

Yeah new beginner i remember, you were very helpful. :D I know what you mean about wearing the belts you can buy from the shops, they are like £3, so cheap! :lol: I'm also going to buy myself a new gi to go with the belt, an expensive one...the one im wearing now has gone a bit nobbly with all the washing and ironing. Oh goodness look at me making all these plans, the grading is six months away :D It's the excitement i guess. :lol:

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

hey, i was lookin at the ISAMI website, and I noticed that some of the belts that they sell says "(Thick Core)"......what does thick core mean? Is it wider than the regular ones? or thicker? or something else?

Stand tall and shake the heavens.

Hello,

I recently special ordered a new BB for a friend of mine from Eosin Panther. They have excellent quality belts, and can put whatever it is you want on your belt. Usually like others have said its your art on one side, and your name on the other. How about instead of your instructor's name, you maybe think about something that best describes him or his martial arts persona?

That is what I had done for my friend :) Hope this helps!

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia