• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Embroidered black belts

Shotokan-kez

Brian why not go get your 3rd dan with Brandon lol.

Yeah i agree with your statement Brandon...about being humble to be able training.

Lol, I would have to start over in another style again!!

As much as I would love to do it, 3rd in my system is on average about 12 to 15 years of training. If I was certified in TKD then maybe we could talk.

Brandon Fisher

Seijitsu Shin Do

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian why not go get your 3rd dan with Brandon lol.

Yeah i agree with your statement Brandon...about being humble to be able training.

Lol, I would have to start over in another style again!!

As much as I would love to do it, 3rd in my system is on average about 12 to 15 years of training. If I was certified in TKD then maybe we could talk.

I am going on 14 years worth of training in TKD. Wouldn't translate well, though, I don't think.

True it may be a hard transition as I have seen TKD people have difficulty with the different philosophies. Just had one recently. He was olympic style TKD was very good and ranked as a red belt. He got up against us and got tromped sorry to say but learned alot. Its unfortunate that he is moving he would be one that could do it given a lot of time.

Brandon Fisher

Seijitsu Shin Do

• 4 years later...

What ever you do not order your belt from tokaido !

I have been waiting for 8 weeks when told 3-5.

Sent them over 10 emails when they finaly answered the excuses where to be honest a load of rubbish !

I think its clear they are busy possibly due to getting lots of sypaphy orders. but they are taking in money for orders they know full well they cant honour.

I find this a little distaste full when they blame the quake for giving false completion dates.

If mine is 3 weeks late and counting so is everyone else's

I always wore a plain belt, with no Dan Bars or any writing on it at all.

My Assistant Instructor and I were presented with new Blackbelts by our students with Black Tiger Karate on one side and Sensei Ken (or Sensei Alan) on the other side which I thought was excellent. No Dan Bars so it falls within my scope to wear it.

The only thing is, Do I wear it all the time or do I wear it for special occaitions like gradings or seminars etc?

My next Belt is Black and Red Block Belt which is due in 4 years. So I wonder, do I keep wearing my Embroidered Black Belt or go to my unembroidered Blockl Belt?

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

takahashi brings back belts for us with our name, system and a parchment for framing, hand written by takahashi himself. we pay something like $US250 and it must be in US dollars. my dad gets his embroided belt in august!!

~Rhi