• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

overweight but wanting to go back

AT

Hello. I took karate when I was 7 till about 12 and made it to brown belt but failed the shodan test like 3 times. After that i quit so i could have more time to play videogames on the weekends lol. Hadn't done any MA since then. Today i totally regret quitting. I'm 24 now and am 6'1, 260lbs. I wanted to get back into Karate or maybe Taekwondo since i liked doing kicks as a kid and still kinda do. Do any of you think it's still possible for someone as overweight as me to get back into MA? Or would it be better if i tried traditional methods of losing weight first and then maybe joining a karate school.

Thoughts? :-?

Stand tall and shake the heavens.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome to KarateForums, AT! :karate:

Joining the martial arts will probably help get you started with losing weight, but one thing you will want to consider is altering your diet as well. I am 5'7", and weigh 245. If I can do it, you can too.

Get in there, and give it all you have, and try to keep motivated, and you will see great results.

Best of luck on your journey! :karate:

Hello,

Thank you for visiting KarateForums.com.

Please do not create two threads for the same subject for any reason. As you have done so in this case, I am going to close this one and redirect you to the other.

http://www.karateforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=29345

Thanks.