ashworth

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all. I've just stumbled across the site so i thought i'd pay a visit. I've been training in GKR for a number of years and been teaching for 1 and a half. As a style, it's straightforward and from working in security for a while, has proven its effectiveness time and again. (i know they say that if you find yourself in a fight that your martial arts has failed you already , this was part of the job though). Anyways, i look forward to some interesting chats.

(For Tigerdude - GKR is Go Kan Ryu, it's a blending of Shotokan And Go Ju. It contains many of the same Kata e.g. Bassai Dai and Saifa, and the same Kumite style as Shotokan [short and to the point]. It was created by Kancho Robert Sullivan 23 years ago and has dojo's through the Britain, Oz, New Zealand and parts of America.

Hey Oli!

If you haven't already heard of :

https://www.gkr-karate.net

I suggest you check it out, its a forum that is dedicated to GKR and have many good topics, my username on there is ashyworth just incase you do have a look.

Ashley Aldworth

Train together, Learn together, Succeed together...

Hey there Ashworth (Jean).

Thanks for mentioning https://www.gkrkarate.net.

It's a great site, full of loads of information and tips, i'll check it as soon as and have a look for you.

gkrkarate.org is also a great site for information, as is the new site, Gkrkarate.com, which has the MyGkr site (Just made) on it. They're all great if you want to have a look.

I look forward to seeing you again on Thursday, don't forget, we're sparring from the start of the lesson and i fully intend to score as many ippon's on you as i can.

Stay Safe

Oli (Your sensei)

I just found out that I got to go to an award ceremony up at my school that night and it starts at 7!! I'll try to get out of it but if I can't I will not be there next week:( sorry hope I can get there though

Ashley Aldworth

Train together, Learn together, Succeed together...