• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A question of weight and mabye something else

Jeet Kune Do

i, uh, yeah, whats a stone? I do not recolect that weight measurement.

One stone is 14 lbs.

Our friend weighs only 99.6 lbs. He likely does need to gain some weight, unless he is less than 5 feet tall.

With respect,

Sohan

I am 5ft 8 inches tall............

I do weight training, I use 6kg but when I feel the right time, I lift 18kg and 400lb on legpress

I eat anything, and yes I do eat because I am getting little heavy but I need to be 9 stones or 10

I get 7-8 hours of sleep but on weekends I get like 10 - 12 hours of sleep

My family are not on the thin side, they are normal, I am the skinny one out (my family are impressed with my strength and super-human abilities:)

THere is no stress for me, everything is all....

I use an inhaler for asthma

If otherwise you are in good health (I have asthma too, though I no longer require an inhaler) then my best recommendation is eat frequently, choose calorie-dense foods such as nuts, whole dairy, dried fruit, and meats, and to consume as many foods in shake form as you can (it can be easier to consume more calories in a drink than in solid form). Eat frequently to stimulate your appetite, and avoid too much fiber, as it will make you full and stifle your appetite (just the opposite of what you will need when you're my age). Get plenty of sleep during the week, not just on the weekends, and get a trainer or experienced friend to put you on a body-building-style mass-building weight training routine, since just any old weight training may not be the best means to help you gain muscle mass.

If all else fails, I'll send you some Claxton fruitcakes from Georgia---it's that time of season, and I expect I'll be inundated with them from clients. They have about 4000 calories per ounce and could make Steve Buscemi obese. :lol:

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If all else fails, I'll send you some Claxton fruitcakes from Georgia---it's that time of season, and I expect I'll be inundated with them from clients. They have about 4000 calories per ounce and could make Steve Buscemi obese. :lol:

With respect,

Sohan

Holy Cow!! Tell me you are not serious! :lol:

With respect,

Sohan

I may be exagerrating slightly....:)

http://www.claxtonfruitcake.com/

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

i, uh, yeah, whats a stone? I do not recolect that weight measurement.

One stone is 14 lbs.

Our friend weighs only 99.6 lbs. He likely does need to gain some weight, unless he is less than 5 feet tall.

With respect,

Sohan

I am 5ft 8 inches tall............

I do weight training, I use 6kg but when I feel the right time, I lift 18kg and 400lb on legpress

I eat anything, and yes I do eat because I am getting little heavy but I need to be 9 stones or 10

I get 7-8 hours of sleep but on weekends I get like 10 - 12 hours of sleep

My family are not on the thin side, they are normal, I am the skinny one out (my family are impressed with my strength and super-human abilities:)

THere is no stress for me, everything is all....

I use an inhaler for asthma

If otherwise you are in good health (I have asthma too, though I no longer require an inhaler) then my best recommendation is eat frequently, choose calorie-dense foods such as nuts, whole dairy, dried fruit, and meats, and to consume as many foods in shake form as you can (it can be easier to consume more calories in a drink than in solid form). Eat frequently to stimulate your appetite, and avoid too much fiber, as it will make you full and stifle your appetite (just the opposite of what you will need when you're my age). Get plenty of sleep during the week, not just on the weekends, and get a trainer or experienced friend to put you on a body-building-style mass-building weight training routine, since just any old weight training may not be the best means to help you gain muscle mass.

With respect,

Sohan

THanks buddy :)

A drop of sweat spent in practice is a drop of blood saved in a battle.

A person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the man doing it.

Jeet, I have the exact same problem...

I am too the only skinny one in the family... I go to the gym (i do cardiac and toning on different days as to not completely tire me out...) and I eat! (a lot too!) I have a nice healthy appetite I like my food, and i sometimes eat more than my family, yet i am classed as underweight.... huh? :-?

This coming week i am seeing the docs, see what is going on, could be something in the blood etc or just high metabolic rate, either which i would still like to see a pro...

Just cannot understand how it can happen.... :-? I am very puzzled! :lol:

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

With respect,

Sohan

I may be exagerrating slightly....:)

http://www.claxtonfruitcake.com/

With respect,

Sohan

Wow I want some, stupid thing living in the UK.

Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.

5 8 and only 99 pounds. thats is skinny, i am also 5 8 and 155. i think you have to try eating 6 meals daily, maybe try protein shakes and weight gainer.

although it might not make a difference, I am now 113lbs, I am getting heavier, I must thank all the people who helped me in what to eat, I thank you from the bottom of my heart and I am still digging... today instead of eating 1 bowl of rice, I ate 3 and I am going to stop excersising for a while so that i can get a little fat too, when i eat I listen to eye of the tiger and Hearts on fire because when i am about to give up, the songs keep me going, THanks again to the people that helped I am very grateful :) ... one more thing, my cousin told me that if I drink thos mass builders and muscle builders from the shops, it will be bad for me and when I grow up my muscles will be all spongey, is that true?????

A drop of sweat spent in practice is a drop of blood saved in a battle.

A person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the man doing it.

one more thing, my cousin told me that if I drink thos mass builders and muscle builders from the shops, it will be bad for me and when I grow up my muscles will be all spongey, is that true?????

You're muscles will be fine only they'll be covered with sponge. Just kidding. :karate:

These are calorically dense protein concoctions that, just like any building block consumed in excess, will be converted to fat. They are not necessarily bad for you. If you use them as part of an exercise program (or the rest of your life), track your BMI, measure your chest, waist, neck, biceps, etc. to make sure you're not making more fat than muscle.

TANG SOO!