• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

martial arts scary in some peoples eyes?

does martial arts seem to scare some people?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. does martial arts seem to scare some people?

• yes
    • no

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno really, i put yes on the voting, mainly because in some cases it can be scary. I am a bit of a wimp when it comes down to it but sometimes in the dojo i scare some people with my antics :D Also i think i put some people off by trying it when i do silly things like crack my finger and have bruises.

Funny you should start this topic because a few hours ago at a course im doing a lady asked how my finger is doing and i said fine, then she noticed a huge bruise on my arm, where someone stamped on me by accident last night in training. I explained this to her and she was like 'ooo this karate thing sounds dangerous'. I tried to explain but she wasn't convinced, i guess it can be a little scary for some people who don't train in a martial art and just see some injuries that martial artists are going to get, i think sometimes that can put them off.

But i say 'hey if a little wimp like me can do it anyone can. It's not all about beating people up' :)

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

ouch!i know what you mean about seeing yourself as a bit of a wimp (although im sure youre not lol) i gotta ask how were you trying to crack youre finger?lol i done that last week. funnily enough my bf says its scary but he plays rugby and got studded in the face last week and his face is all mashed lol.

speed

agression

surprise

I think that there's a lot of misinformation out there that turns people off to the martial arts. I'm kinda 50/50 on the subject. I think it's more that some people are apprehensive when they start the martial arts, not afraid of them.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

LOL yeah I kinda wait a while before I let my friends and girlfriends see me do it. I love ta scare the new white belts with that kata. :lol: There so funny watching there reactions.

ouch!i know what you mean about seeing yourself as a bit of a wimp (although im sure youre not lol) i gotta ask how were you trying to crack youre finger?lol i done that last week. funnily enough my bf says its scary but he plays rugby and got studded in the face last week and his face is all mashed lol.

:lol: I wasn't trying to crack my finger, silly me had it in the way and it got kicked.

Whats seiyichen kata? Can you put a link up so i can see how scary it is? :)

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk