• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sparring

You probably should have done your fitness and endurance work for your grading already. When we lead up to a grading we're builing up fitness over at least a couple of months. Over the last 2 weeks we usually pull back with our fitness work and as Jiffy said, just polish things up. I'm not sure if there's anything you can do in 2 weeks to really build up your fitness. I would however make sure you can do the 8 rounds of sparring in advance. Just be careful - the last thing you need is an injury 2 weeks before a grading. Good luck, hope it goes well.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all your tips guys. I started doing endurance training months ago but i think im extra nervous about this grading as we have one of the best martial artists (from my style)in our country coming to observe our grading.

Thanks for all your tips guys. I started doing endurance training months ago but i think im extra nervous about this grading as we have one of the best martial artists (from my style)in our country coming to observe our grading.

Best of luck to you. It's natural to be nervous; just do the best you can, and he will see it. :karate:

Remember, though, the only person you have anything to prove to is yourself.

Breathe in faith and breathe out fear. Relax and let your training take over. Good luck!

I'm sure he was as nervous some time in his training. I won't say pretend he isn't there, since that'd be hard, but just remember, if you have the skills, you should get the rank.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Try to spar with different partners of different abilities, heights, and weights. Also, try to do reaction exercises over the next two weeks to keep your reflexes sharp. I enjoy chasing a superball in an enclosed room like a racquetball court (yes, my wife thinks I'm kookoo for this, but I like it).

Good luck!

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu