• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Awful tasting Supplement

AceKing

So here the story, i wanted to take a few supplements all in one. You know so i dont have to keep mixing everything but that its already mixed. So i went on Trueprotein.com were you can make your own mix. My mix looked like this:

Whey Protein concentrate 40%

Hydrolyzed casein 10%

Dextrose 5%

Creatine Mono Powder 30%

L-Arginine 5%

L-Glutamine Powder 5%

Flax Seed oil Powder 5%

Plus some additive like vitamens and aminogen and minerals everything is fruit punch flavor

So thats how it looks, come in one jug all mixed together. I just got it today and mixed one scoop with 10 ounces of water to test it out. It was the worst tast, i thought i was going to puke. So im just wondering if you guys would suggestions a better liquid i can mix it in. I heard that it might taste better in apple juice but just wondering if you know anything. Thanks.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My creatine tastes bad in water so I take it with chocolate soy milk and I can't taste it at all. Of course most people don't like the taste of soy milk, so if you don't then it might be an issue. The other thing I've mixed it with is Crystal Light and I can't really taste it but it doesn't dissolve all the way so I get some powder clumps which aren't good (which is why I use the chocolate soy milk).

don't drink the "energy drinks"; they are bad.

They wouldn't dissolve very well in regular milk (at least if I remember basic biochem well enough... that WAS three years ago though).

you could get one of those bottles of liquid flavored coffee creamer (the kind that goes in your fridge) and a 2 L bottle of carbonated water. mix the CO2 water and creamer stuff in a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio depending on how strong you want it. That would dissolve your protein mix quite nicely and hide the taste.

(You could also get vanilla flavor-syrup from a company like Monin (in those bottles you see behind the counter of coffee places) but that lakes the texture of a homemade cream soda (milk once again doesn't work, it leeches the CO2 and doesn bad things)).

good luck.

Milk is my platform of choice. If it tastes bad, I put some milk, a scoop of chocolate ice cream, peanuts, and the mix in a blender and puree the living heck out of it. Enough for a few servings throughout the day and I keep it in the frige.

Great stuff.

My supplements of choice now I actually get from Wal-mart and GNC. Wal-mart carries an EXCELLENT whey protein from 6 Star Body Fuel. One scoop: 26 grams of powder, 20 grams of protein. Spoon mixable, tastes awesome (the chocolate, haven't tried the vanilla), and it's only $12 for 2 pounds.

I also use Body Fortress amino acid pills. Every BCAA in the book plus many other L aminos (roughly 30), 300 pills (3 per serving) for $8. Also from Wal-mart.

The 3rd and final is vanilla casein concentrate from GNC. Whatever's on sale lol. That place is expensive. I take 5 scoops blended with a banana and some milk before bed.

"They look up, without realizing they're standing in the palm of your hand"

"I burn alive to keep you warm"

yeah... a blender and a suspension (the icecream) would work plenty well... and I can attest to how tasty that type of shake is.

I heard from a reliable source (Sohan) that for best results you shouldn't mix your protein and creatine. However i take my creatine with a bit of orange juice and that masks the taste.

Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.

• 2 months later...

EAS (https://www.eas.com) makes some good stuff that doesn't taste bad, with most of those ingredients you listed. I use their Muscle Drive protein powder because it's not loaded with carbs. They also have a product whose name I forget. It has creatine and taurine in a fizzy orange powder that tastes like carbonated Tang.

Wow, am I dating myself... :(

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

• 3 weeks later...

oh my, your taking quite a bit. Has it been working?

The only drink I ever taken for protein was MRM Protein Whey, it is the only one that I thought that tastes good.

Drink It. Feel It. Share It.

http://www.monaviedrink.com

Have you had your Acai Today? Stop the pain, be full of energy, and feel better.

oh my, your taking quite a bit. Has it been working?

The only drink I ever taken for protein was MRM Protein Whey, it is the only one that I thought that tastes good.

Unfortunately, good taste and results do not always go hand in hand. When I was on the Myoplex, I would mix a bannana in with it, and then I still had trouble choking it down. I had the chocolate mix, and I still didn't like the flavor. It kind of hung on the tongue. Yuck!