• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Soup!

Zapatista

So I had some soup with my dinner (creme of broccoli) and was wondering what everybody's favorite soup is.

I used to love New England Clam Chowder but now it makes me sick but my favorites are still Creme of Broccoli and the classic chicken noodle.

What are your favorites?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love a good chicken noodle soup. If I do have soup, it has to be something hearty, like the afforementioned, or like vegetable beef stew.

My wife likes to make a soup every year for Christmas, and so far, we have had good stuff. We made a soup with fish and shrimp in it one year; I loved it, the others hated it.

:o Eeeewww what strange tastes you all have. Chicken noodle i guess would be ok, not sure about the fishie one's tho, or meatball, and whats clam chowder, is it another fishie one? :-?

For me i'm happy with the basics. Tomato soup, chicken, mushroom and oxtail. I hate vegetable soup yuk :uhoh:

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

:o Eeeewww what strange tastes you all have. Chicken noodle i guess would be ok, not sure about the fishie one's tho, or meatball, and whats clam chowder, is it another fishie one? :-?

For me i'm happy with the basics. Tomato soup, chicken, mushroom and oxtail. I hate vegetable soup yuk :uhoh:

There's two different types of clam chowder: New England and I guess Manhattan. I've never had Manhattan Clam Chowder but I've been told it is like a tomato base with clams and broth and is red. New England Clam Chowder is white and has more milk and/or cream in it along with the clams. Both can have some vegetables in it. Like I said, I used to love it now I can't stand it.

Any clam chowder that comes out of a can is a poor example of what chowder should be. I much prefer seafood chowder anyways, as it can include much more than just clams. I love the chowders that have less vegetables and more fish. Lobster, shrimp, scallops, MMMMM. i love it. Just not from acan. It has to be homemade or from a good restaurant.

As for favorite soup? Italian wedding (which is is barely, spinach and meatball)

I play a wrestling game online. If you'd like to play follow this link

http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w= 133896

Mine comes out of one of our first cookbooks. It's called Northwest Wild Rice Soup. It's a chowder with wild rice, ham and vegies.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

I do like New England Clam Chowder. :) Beyond that, don't really know. I'll eat the random vegetable or chicken soon, though,