• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

No Coffee for you

patusai

Ok, the last few weeks I have been busting my trail at work even more than usual. I have a coffee maker in my office because if it is elsewhere I will forget to turn it off at the end of the day. I was out sick with pneumonia for about a week (a combinatin of catching something, and working too hard and running myself down). One other manager in the office uses the coffee maker in my office (I do not care if he does). He leave it on and patrols find it on and I get carded. Well, during the time I was out we got another violation. I was told to remove the coffee maker by my boss. The kicker is that I was the one repremanded for the infractions and not a word was said to the manager that left on the coffee maker. What should I do? I know there are more important things in the world to put ones mind to but this really got me mad and I need to do something. Thanks

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You could confront the other person and tell them that they need to go 'fess up and get the situation corrected so that the powers that be know it was them, not you, and that they have 24 hrs to do so, or you will. That would be fair, to give him a chance to 'fess up voluntarily, before going to the boss and placing the blame on him.

I would make it clear that you were absent, hr can verify that, and that someone else, mention them by name, routinely uses your machine when you're not there. That's not an issue, except that they didn't turn it off. They should get the reprimand, and you should no longer allow others to use it, even if you have to lock it up in a cabinet before you go home.

what goes around, comes around

How about get a high-watt timer so it cannot ever be on after hours?

If you think only of hitting, springing, striking or touching the enemy, you will not be able actually to cut him. You must thoroughly research this. - Musashi

You could confront the other person and tell them that they need to go 'fess up and get the situation corrected so that the powers that be know it was them, not you, and that they have 24 hrs to do so, or you will. That would be fair, to give him a chance to 'fess up voluntarily, before going to the boss and placing the blame on him.

I would make it clear that you were absent, hr can verify that, and that someone else, mention them by name, routinely uses your machine when you're not there. That's not an issue, except that they didn't turn it off. They should get the reprimand, and you should no longer allow others to use it, even if you have to lock it up in a cabinet before you go home.

I second this notion. It seems like a good course of action.

Awww man that sucks. It's not nice at all that your getting the blame for something you haven't done, and now you have no coffee!!

I agree with what everyone else says, confront him and see if he has the guts to 'cough up' to your boss.

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

Fire and Safety was informed who the culprit was but they chose not to even talk to the person. Timers are not permitted on coffee makers even those that shut off the coffee maker in say 2 hours. Don't ask me why...it's a rule. Nobody wants to discuss the matter further. It's a dead issue. I asked how long of a time with there be the no coffee restriction and I was told forever. Oh well. Thanks for the responses

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt