• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

condtioning shins

Body conditioning isn't bad when done correctly at a slow pace. Elbows and Knees is correct bruises are bad menas you have gone to far to fast. Those that have hit the makiwara for years and hit it correctly can still use their hands others who just punish themselves is another story.

Brandon Fisher

Seijitsu Shin Do

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after you smash them for a while then it doesn't hurt anymore depends on how much you use shin blocks, i find them to be super effective. im 130 pounds and can take hard kicks from some big dudes. but in our school we use our legs to block a kick more than we do our arms.

"Live life easy and peacefully, but when it is time to fight become ferocious."

I remember watching on that Fight Science show, them talking about those professional breakers, and how they got their bone density up to withstand the breaking. I don't remember exactly how they did it, but it is a place to look.

If I remember right, the constant impact causes calcium buildups on your bones. They'll get stronger all right, but they'll look totally gnarly. Somebody told me once if you have all that build up and actually break the bone, it takes longer to heal... but I don't know if that's the case or not.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

I remember watching on that Fight Science show, them talking about those professional breakers, and how they got their bone density up to withstand the breaking. I don't remember exactly how they did it, but it is a place to look.

If I remember right, the constant impact causes calcium buildups on your bones. They'll get stronger all right, but they'll look totally gnarly. Somebody told me once if you have all that build up and actually break the bone, it takes longer to heal... but I don't know if that's the case or not.

It could take longer to heal, I guess, because it is more bone than is usually there.

While this is something a hardcore fighter might do, I would not recommend it. Why would anyone want to intentionally want to do this to their own limbs? It just doesn't make sense to me. Learn a more intelligent martial art that does not require this kind of conditioning that could cause problems for you in the long run.

You can condition them to stop hurting, but it takes some work, basically, start kicking a pole with your shins and eventually you'll condition them. You can do the same drill with a partner to make it a little less painful. Stand facing each other and kick so your shins collide, then kick with the other foot. You don't have to do it hard, just enough that it stings. Doing it consistantly for a while will help strengthen them. You can do the same drill with your arms to strengthen your block. Stand facing each other and both inside block with the same arm so that they collide. Immediately roll the arm down to a down block, then switch to the other arm. I believe this is a modified escrima technique and is also a good blocking drill.

• 1 month later...
i was watching a video on expert village yesterday and a muy thai fight broke a baseball bat with his shin!they kick banna trees thousands of times a day

This is the kind of conditioning I used to hear about when it came to shin conditioning, and I always wonder about it.