• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:bawling: Poor kirsty had a knee op, thinkin of ya hun x

:( Sorry to hear you need more rest Bushido, keep up with it you'll soon be back in action, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you hun x

Thanks, I appreciate the support. :)

http://www.karateforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=28685

Jiffy, Richard - Have torn my cruciate ligament - may need reconstructive surgery on it. Sorry to hijack bushido_man x

No worries!! :)

Hows things going bushido? xxx

Going so-so. I have found that I can still do my weapons fighting with full force, and have had no injuries there yet. I don't kick, or do any long stretching manuevers, so I don't have any problems with the leg. The problem I do have is with my wrist, as I injured it on the punching bag several weeks ago, and if I roll my hand wrong working combinations with the sword, it screams at me, and I have to waller in pain for a while.

Oh, well, patch me up, and send me in, coach!!

Bushido man, if things do not progress soon, you may want to see and an orthopaedic doctor to get an evaluation. He/she may recommend short term physical therapy which will make a huge difference in your recovery time. I didn't believe it myself, but it does. I once had injured my knee and thought if I gave it time to mend, I would be ok. I kept pushing and testing that joint and I found out later that was a bad thing to do.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

Well, here's an update. I had my first full class today since the injury. I ran earlier today, and I thought that I had aggravated it. Well, I got to class, and it was a great class. He had quite a few students in there tonight, and we did the whole sha-bang: basics, forms, one-steps, and we got some sparring in. I took it easy with my left leg, especially with kicking. I didn't kick very high, and not fast at all (I didn't want to snap that muscle). When I sparred, I decided to work on my footwork, and I only kicked with my right leg. Using my left leg as a base didn't seem to bother it too much at all. After class, I even got it to stretch out a little.

To sum up, I am not near 100% yet, but I am getting there, and no more sitting on the couch excuses. Heck, I even did extra forms tonight, because I want the work. Hopefully, if all goes well, I will be physically prepared to test in April.