• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Knuckle pain

niel0092

Lately I've been getting some pain in my left hand middle finger knuckle when I punch. It's on the appropriate knucke for punching (ie I'm hitting with the correct part of my fist) and I'm not having any wrist problems of any sort. I currently use a Century Wrap glove when I do focus mit drills but I'm thinking of changing it up to another glove with more padding to better protect my hands. -We do LOTS of punching on focus mits, thai pads, and heavy bags.

Has anyone experienced this before? How did you improve your situation? Did you see a doctor about it and what did they suggest? It's uncomfortable to hit hard with my left hand but I'm sure it's not broken. There's also not any bruising. Should I look into hand wraps to wear with my gloves and how does one wrap their hands anyway?

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I am not for sure, but you may have developed some arthritis in your knuckle from using it to strike so much. You might have a doctor look at it. Other than that, try a few motrin before class.

Lately I've been getting some pain in my left hand middle finger knuckle when I punch. It's on the appropriate knucke for punching (ie I'm hitting with the correct part of my fist) and I'm not having any wrist problems of any sort. I currently use a Century Wrap glove when I do focus mit drills but I'm thinking of changing it up to another glove with more padding to better protect my hands. -We do LOTS of punching on focus mits, thai pads, and heavy bags.

Has anyone experienced this before? How did you improve your situation? Did you see a doctor about it and what did they suggest? It's uncomfortable to hit hard with my left hand but I'm sure it's not broken. There's also not any bruising. Should I look into hand wraps to wear with my gloves and how does one wrap their hands anyway?

I had the same problem... still do sort of, but not as much. All I can suggest is to do knuckle strengthening excersizes and keep practicing. Your knuckle will eventually get better and stop being sore.

Also as the other posters have suggested. See a doctor.

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering." - Bruce Lee

i have some random bit of cartilige in my knuckle which want there 2 months ago it dont really hurt but it's not nice i think i bust me knuckle but then again surly that would of given me pain which i dint get .

Train hard fight easy.