ShotokanTre

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White! But everyone above third dan is allowed to wear black at my school.... so I suppose technically I could wear that...... just feels like a deviation for the norm, I guess.

We just wear the white gi, until brown belt, then its white gi and black pants, and after black belt the collar part of the gi is a different colour depending on the level of instructor. Makes it feel alot like taekwondo or somthing. :lol:

First there was darkness, and then there was light, then i was created, and only darkness followed.

We just wear the white gi, until brown belt, then its white gi and black pants, and after black belt the collar part of the gi is a different colour depending on the level of instructor. Makes it feel alot like taekwondo or somthing. :lol:

Why a "TKD" thing?? :-?

i wear an all black uniform which is worn once you reach dan levels all others wear white gi and black pants. i dont care if my uniform is black, white or both. it helps soak up the sweat.

'The key to immortality is to live a life worth remembering'

We wear all white at my Karate club, for all grades and all events. We are allowed to wear plain white t-shirts (or white tees with club logo on them) when it is summer time instead of a gi top.

At TKD it is all white dobok for Kup grades and white with a black collar for Dan grades. Instructors are allowed to have a black stripe down the sides of their trousers (pants ;) )but I only know one instructor in my organisation who does that. Students are allowed to wear club t-shirts when the weather is hot instead of dobok top.

Demo/special event team members at my TKD club wear blue dokoks. They look really cool but I'm glad we don't wear them often because it was really expensive. Would hate to wear a blue dobok on a regular basis with how much it cost me!!

When I used to train in Aikido we had to have white gi tops with 3/4 length sleeves (like a Japanese cut Karate gi), 3/4 length pants and a hakama. Dan grades were allowed to wear black gi tops but most chose to just stick with the white.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!