• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Help! Sticky situation .. no training

Thanks all. I feel like I did when I first started MA. You know the feeling you get when you are new to MA, and you are so excited about it? That's how I feel now.

But I am really sore from last night. He killed us with push ups, jumping jacks, ect. Then we did line drills, then kicking, then kata. My legs were shaking by the time I got to kata ... good class ;)

Laurie F

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Yeah you do find that your legs shake. Mine still do it now when some of the brown belts do movements wrong in a kata, sensei makes us all stand in the last move for ages and it's normally the last move in heian godan...ouch! :x

Your legs will soon get used to it hun :D

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

I used to train Shotokan, but can't anymore due to knee damage. I enjoyed it immensely, had my 1st tournament while in shotokan.

I hope you get as much out of it as I did!

what goes around, comes around

I have to get used to the lower stances, too. But like you said, I'll get used to it.

I love the sore feeling you have after a good class!

I feel I need to play the devil's advocate here, even though I don't have all the details (monthly fees, amount of students, if the old instructor owned the building, or rented space, etc.) but I have to say, I've known an instructor that used to do the kinds of things you guys seem to be expectant of, free months, cheap, cheap prices, cutting deals every which way, enough so that heating/cooling bills, water bills, and even electrical costs got out of hand, when this happend and his common sense kicked in and he decided to raise his rates marginally over the next few months, guess what happened, his enrollment dropped, his bills remained the same, and BAM had to sell the building that he owned for forty-something years and quit the business of teaching.

Just don't expect hand-outs, and even though you may have a skill (building art, repairs, etc.) if the owner couldn't afford these in the first place, how can he -1 student?

Not flaming anyone, just saying, there's always two sides to a coin, but I'm sure this isn't the case ;)

congrats on the new school.

It's just awesome how everyone is so helpful and friendly on this forum...just awesome.

Anyways congratulations on finding a good school karatekid!! :)

"Sword-Chucks yo."

Yes, thanks a lot guys.  Hey, kamasandsais, that was something that you knew that I did not!! 
<---blackmail hahahahhaha bushido