Help! Sticky situation .. no training

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad news. He just told be to hang in there, and come back when I get a job, basically :bawling:

Thats a red flag for me, all he wants is the money and not to willing to help. I hope you find a new job quickly. I would reconsider returning to that particular school though.

Brandon Fisher

Seijitsu Shin Do

I'll give the instructor the benefit of the doubt here. I mean, did you come straight out and ask if you could attend classes for free/cheaper, or did you just present your situation, telling him you wouldnt be able to attend classes until you found another job, hoping he would take the hint and offer the free month or so.

Either way, I hope you find employment sooner than later, as I know the stress and struggles that are involved with it.

I play a wrestling game online. If you'd like to play follow this link

http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w= 133896

Bad news. He just told be to hang in there, and come back when I get a job, basically :bawling:

Bummer, sorry to hear this. There is always the faithful backup, solo training!!!

I would go to him and tell him that you would hate to stop training and offer to help out around the dojo. My instructor always has somethings that need to be done: painting, cleaning, fixing up...

With Christmas around the corner, there will be lots of places hiring. Good luck.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

hey man... the same thing happened to me.... well, sorta.

i was signed to a 6 month contract at a JKD facility, but decided to go check out this hapkido school near me anyway. i took a free class and he asked if i wanted to join and i told him that i couldnt afford it until my JKD contract ended. about a week later, he called and said that i could go to his dojang for free until my JKD contract was up. so....now i do hkd, and its all because i told the sabumnim about my situation. just talk to the guy, you might be surprised at the outcome. plus, it cant hurt...good luck

french fri25

How come I am finding out about this on KF? !!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Listen to your fellow posters here Laurie. They have some good advice for you. Reevaluate your conversation with him and see if you missed something that might change the outcome. You know how I feel about this subject anyway so I won't offer any advice.....yet!

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

Ok, I asked him. He just gave me another place that was hiring ... gggrrrrr. I'm so frustrated!

BUT my honey came up with an idea. He is 1st dan, and he is willing to train me/teach me stuff for now. But it's the old system that I was in prior to ITF. But I remember most of it, so it's better than nothing. This way, I can keep training.

Laurie F