Help! Sticky situation .. no training

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still the last to know :cry: ....and shotokan even!!!!

8)

p.s. Professor Mike is happy :wink:

Sorry. I was so excited, I had to come here to tell. I actually still have Professor Mikes Shotokan tapes, so they will help alot. I will watch the tapes and study them before I go to my first class on thursday.

Thanks so much all for your support. You guys are the best ;)

Laurie F

Laurie,

I am so glad you've found a new (old) dojo to train in. I've been reading your posts for a couple of years now, and I respect your committment to come back time and again even after getting dealt a setback or two. I know you will do well in Shotokan, and you'll probably love the emphasis on correct form. Kihon, kihon, kihon!

Thank you stoneheart. Yes, I think I would like Shotokan a lot. I trained there at this dojo once before. I should have just stayed there then. But I learned my lesson. Sensei Steve was a great guy then. I'm sure he will be now.

I talked to him on the phone for, at least, 20 minutes. He remembered me (after that talk). That was three years ago! Nice guy.

Laurie F

Thank you stoneheart. Yes, I think I would like Shotokan a lot. I trained there at this dojo once before. I should have just stayed there then. But I learned my lesson. Sensei Steve was a great guy then. I'm sure he will be now.

I talked to him on the phone for, at least, 20 minutes. He remembered me (after that talk). That was three years ago! Nice guy.

The nice thing is that the similarities between TKD and Shotokan should help you to acclimate fairly quickly.

Hey guys. I went to my first class of Shotokan. OMG!!! It was sooooo much fun. They do the same forms I learned in TSD with slight differences. Not a problem. I picked them up easiely. I just have to get used to it. Some of the tech's are slightly different, too. But I picked them up quick also. It's just a matter of drilling them.

Sensei worked with me after class on the forms. He also said that he would start me at white belt, but jump me to green (Heian sam dan rank). Then once I learn each form, he'll jump me up each time when I'm ready (up to my rank now ... 1st kyu). But I would have to work my tail off for black. That's fair ;)

So as far as rank, it's up to me (except black). It just depends how fast I learn. This will be fun. I may be 1st kyu for a while, but that ok with me.

I am happy with this dojo. I had a blast.

Laurie F

Hey guys. I went to my first class of Shotokan. OMG!!! It was sooooo much fun. They do the same forms I learned in TSD with slight differences. Not a problem. I picked them up easiely. I just have to get used to it. Some of the tech's are slightly different, too. But I picked them up quick also. It's just a matter of drilling them.

Sensei worked with me after class on the forms. He also said that he would start me at white belt, but jump me to green (Heian sam dan rank). Then once I learn each form, he'll jump me up each time when I'm ready (up to my rank now ... 1st kyu). But I would have to work my tail off for black. That's fair ;)

So as far as rank, it's up to me (except black). It just depends how fast I learn. This will be fun. I may be 1st kyu for a while, but that ok with me.

I am happy with this dojo. I had a blast.

Great news! Keep it up! :)

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu