• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Grrr...what should i have done?

yep thats what was bothering me the most zorbassan.

When I was teaching, I outranked my mom, but I never expected her to call me Mr. Walker.

Moral of the story, motherhood trumps rank, no matter what!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see a couple of different issues. I will comment on them in the order I see them, according to your story.

1. Keep a better watch on your child. He was wrong for being where he was and I have a sneeking suspicion that your instructor would not want people on the radiator.

2. The gentleman should have handled the situation differently. Perhaps just asking your child to get down in with a firm (not hostile) tone. Of course the swearing wasn't necessary.

3. You handled the situation well in not escelating the issue with him. Good job keeping your cool! I'm assuming that you reaffirmed to your child that his actions were wrong.

4. After that, while you were drilling, you were not training properly in that your mind was somewhere other than on training. That can lead to someone getting hurt. Always keep your focus.

5. You spoke to the man and he apoligized. You may not like it, but your acceptance is not necessary. He did his part, now you need to do yours and let it go. If the issue comes up again, then it would be time to talk to your instructor. To take it to your instructor now, after he apoligized and thinks its over, would be petty. Too much time has passed.

Bottom line is this: You're going to run into jerks wherever you go. Sadly, this includes Karate classes. You can either let them bug you, and never truly enjoy class. Or you can ignore him, deal with him only when you have to, and have fun with your child. That's why you're there isn't it?

I hope this helps a little.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Cheers ps1 this helps heaps. Got/getting things into perspective now :D

:karate:

Its all understandable. When someone upsets me like that, I tend to see red for a while, too. After things settle a little, its all good.

Working in a correctional facility I imagine you have a thick skin already.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

Working in a correctional facility I imagine you have a thick skin already.

Yeah, I'm not too bad with it. But, if they get to lippy with us, we get to stick them in the 'quiet room' or take away their TV, or something like that. We had one drunk guy in a couple of months ago, and he was calling me all kinds of names, being loud and obnoxious, and I just couldn't help but laugh at him!