Grrr...what should i have done?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i suppose after sleeping on it i might be over reacting a little. I will be keeping an eye on this guy though.

is this the same guy you pulled his pants down? :D

Ha! ha! ha! ha! Wouldn't it be funny if it was? :lol:

Richard Hang Hong

Chief Instructor

Seitou Ryu Karate

Find me on Facebook!Seitou Ryu Karate

If it were me, I would've punched his lights out [j/k]

Seriously though, you need to speak to him and your sensei about his attitude.... Being in a MA you need discipline, and this guy doesn't seem to show much of it from what you tell...

The next time he speaks to your child like that, have a "nice talk" with him outside... ;) (again, a joke!)

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

Haha no it wasn't :lol: Oh dear it wouldn't have been good at all if it was. He is actually still being nice to me and we are still getting on well.

let's check you fan club directory , myself with that romeo guy.... then.. dropping pants guy.... now this guy, you are so cool , we need somebody like you in our dojo, it so boring here plus you got lots of MA movies we can borrow. :wink:

I missed the pants story :(

But seriously I agree you did a good job dealing with him. Next time he gives you advice merely say thank you. If it is definitely incorrect then let him know. After all, he isn't going to learn properly if he passes out incorrect information anyway.

If you disagree then go ahead into a friendly debate, and even consult a sempai or the sensei.

BAM! Fixed. Next please. LOL

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

Sometimes its worth letting it slide - I dont know if I agree you should approach your sensei - it sounds personal to me in which case needs to be dealt with outside of the club? Just my two cents.

Karate Ni Sentinashi

Yeah i've chilled out about it a bit now...it is quite personal kirsty..just something about him that gets to me..i.e his attitude, swareing ect. i'll just try to get on with my training and ignore him.

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

Is he like this all the time or maybe he was having a bad day?

Let it slide, but if he treats you kid like that again speak to him again and if that dosent work speak to your instructor and tell him if the treatment persists you will train elsewhere $$$$$

I doubt he would want to lose too many paying students on account of one guy who can't behave in the dojo.

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

i dont actually have kids, so its hard for me to see how you would feel, but if someone spoke like that to my (future) kids without decent, i would tell them where to go, regardless of where i am, and if it was at the dojo, i wouldnt care what grade they are either.

Now you use head for something other than target.