• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

seminars

PlasmaShock

Can you just attend any seminar? Or do you have to go to one's arranged by your club? We have black and brown belt courses within the club, are they similar to that?

When I see a course advertised, I always contact the organisers in advance either by email or phone to check that is is okay to attend and if I can bring some students along, if there is a minimum grade, etc.

Generally, I only take students who are brown belt and above to smaller courses, but for big events I get all my grades to go.

Richard Hang Hong

Chief Instructor

Seitou Ryu Karate

Find me on Facebook!Seitou Ryu Karate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Can you just attend any seminar? Or do you have to go to one's arranged by your club? We have black and brown belt courses within the club, are they similar to that?

seminars are usually special classes that teach things outside the normal curriculum of the school, usually by a guest teacher. We have had people from outside dojos attend our seminars, but I'm pretty sure they were there on invitation, they were all high-ranking black belts.

• 2 months later...
my dojo had a self defence seminar with an excellent sensei. i forget his name but he was good. i love seminars. in one, we learned a kata from a different style. it was interesting to learn. i think it was called seisan. i forget what style of karate it was but it seemed like a close range style.

SEISAN!!! Go see http://www.karateforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=27907 and see if the Seisan you saw looks familiar to any posted. Would help my continuing hunt if it does.

"Karate is NOT about the colour of belt you wear it is about the person you become;...to be a good blackbelt is to be humble and respectful amongst other things." -Dobbersky