• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What is the Biggest weight you have lifted and how many reps

Jeet Kune Do

This thread is making me feel like a right weakling! I don't do weights at all but I tried to see how much I could bench... only 100lbs and I nearly tore my shoulder doing it.. :(

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is making me feel like a right weakling! I don't do weights at all but I tried to see how much I could bench... only 100lbs and I nearly tore my shoulder doing it.. :(
Everyone has to start somewhere!:)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well i use to lift quite a bit. not so much anymore but i use to curl 45, bench 200, squat 300 and leg press between 340-350. and for a chick, i don't think that's too bad. i should get back to it, im more of a cardio gal now.

"Smile. Show everyone that today you're stronger than you were yesterday."

• 4 weeks later...

i have bench pressed 152kg , 4 times

and have leg pressed 220kg , 3 times

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haha.

The most I've lifted in the last year or so:

squat: 350 lbs x 5

bench: 275lbs x 5

dead lift: 405 x 3

cleans: 225 x 5

I'm 5'8" and currently weigh in at 175lbs or so.

That said, I played high school football, ran track, and played baseball. I also played for my university TKD team, so I have a long history of lifting. I would say that anyone who can at least bench press and squat their own body weight is in a good place.

Getting bigger isn't always something you want, and I've spent the last 6 years going from 220 lbs as a senior in high school, benching and squatting a lot more, to 175 lbs, and I've never felt better as an athlete.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Haha.

The most I've lifted in the last year or so:

squat: 350 lbs x 5

bench: 275lbs x 5

dead lift: 405 x 3

cleans: 225 x 5

I'm 5'8" and currently weigh in at 175lbs or so.

That said, I played high school football, ran track, and played baseball. I also played for my university TKD team, so I have a long history of lifting. I would say that anyone who can at least bench press and squat their own body weight is in a good place.

Getting bigger isn't always something you want, and I've spent the last 6 years going from 220 lbs as a senior in high school, benching and squatting a lot more, to 175 lbs, and I've never felt better as an athlete.

It always amazes me the variety in peoples builds and weight at the same height. Im also 5'7-5'8 and im never over about 140. I have been 150 but it just didn't feel right to me. Being a bit heavier would be better but just doesn't sit with my build very well.

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.