• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What is the Biggest weight you have lifted and how many reps

Jeet Kune Do

What is the Biggest weight you have lifted and how many reps?

I have done 15 reps of 385lb, thats 175kg, thats on a leg press machine

A drop of sweat spent in practice is a drop of blood saved in a battle.

A person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the man doing it.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My last set on the leg press is 720lbs + the weight of the sled and that is for no less than 5 reps, but usually 8. My reps also go to where my knees almost touch my shoulder...no sissy half-reps.

My most weight was on a calf machine about 10yrs ago, and I routinely did 950lbs on my last set for as many reps as I could muster, which was usually about 5-7. I don't know if the calf machine was entirely accurate, since that seems like alot of weight to me...but then, my legs are like oak trees, so who knows?

Never really did much leg press. Have squatted and deadlifted over 600 in competition in the 181 and 198 lb classes as a teen. Clean and jerked 315 when I was 25.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of my favorite powerlifters, Dennis Cieri. He shows that size and amazing strength are not necessarily the same thing. In person he looks like a regular guy, a little on the muscular side, but you'd never think he could bench over 600 lbs.

http://www.99shadesofgrey.com/fitness/2006/09/15/interview_with_dennis_cieri.php

You can also do a Google image search of him and see more pics. He's strong looking, but nothing overly exceptional.

I would, however, like to give him a couple of years of MMA training and then put him in the UFC at 185.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu