• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Football season is here!!!

bushido_man96

I just keep being reminded of Dungy at the Buccaneers or even Bill Cowher at the Steelers (who was a great coach) with them suddenly improving once Tomlin took over.

Yeah, it worked out great for those teams, but the result may not be the same. How many bad teams change coaches and do so again in a few years? I remember when the Chiefs went through stints like that. And Dungy did end up winning a Super Bowl, so it's not like he couldn't win. After all, only 1 team a year does so.

Think about the Manning/Brady rivalry over the years. Brady got most of them. But when Manning got his, he really got his.

I felt like I was anguishing as a Chiefs fan during the Marty Shottenheimer years. Then I really anguished after they moved on from him. I'd rather have Marty ball than those lean years.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Falcons have hired Rams defensive coordinator Raheem Morris as their head coach. Titans have hired Brian Callahan to be head coach leaving only two teams left, Seattle and Washington. Bill Belichick is still available, same with Mike Vrabel and Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson. Interesting development.

I'm still surprised by the Mike Vrabel situation. I really hope he finds a job soon. He did a great job in Tennessee, and I think they will realize how good a job he did after releasing him.

I'm still surprised by the Mike Vrabel situation. I really hope he finds a job soon. He did a great job in Tennessee, and I think they will realize how good a job he did after releasing him.

I liked Vrabel a lot also. My guess is he goes to Seattle and Bill ends up in Washington, but I was wrong about Atlanta, so I have no idea. Maybe if Bill gets hired and Mike doesn't, Vrabel becomes his DC?

I just keep being reminded of Dungy at the Buccaneers or even Bill Cowher at the Steelers (who was a great coach) with them suddenly improving once Tomlin took over.

Yeah, it worked out great for those teams, but the result may not be the same. How many bad teams change coaches and do so again in a few years? I remember when the Chiefs went through stints like that. And Dungy did end up winning a Super Bowl, so it's not like he couldn't win. After all, only 1 team a year does so.

Think about the Manning/Brady rivalry over the years. Brady got most of them. But when Manning got his, he really got his.

I felt like I was anguishing as a Chiefs fan during the Marty Shottenheimer years. Then I really anguished after they moved on from him. I'd rather have Marty ball than those lean years.

Yeah i totally get that, and i know it is a risk.

Dungy was an excellent coach and he brought the missing piece to the superbowl team he won with.

I think the difference with Manning/Brady and Brady winning most is most people could see that the Colts spent so much on their resources on a couple of players (Manning, Harrison, James, Wayne) that the rest of the team had to be a little lower standard. It was always a debate about roster building at the time - plus the Pats managed to get plenty of people to take a pay cut to get a good shot at a ring.

With the Bills, i think that now after a few years they are getting perilously close to the definition of insanity thing about repeating the same action and expecting different results. Something needs to change or they won't get a SB win

totally with you there! thought he did an amazing job. Never really had a top top qb but still managed to get loads of wins. Surprised he hasn't been hired already tbh

Alright, time for some predictions. I strongly suggest not taking these seriously enough to put money on them. I don't know who will win anymore than anyone else. I could flip a coin and maybe have a better chance of calling the winners correctly.

Ya know, I might do that at the end.

Chiefs @ Ravens. It's tough to pick against KC. They have a fantastic head coach, their QB is the best player in football, and they find ways to win big games. I just think the Ravens are better. Ravens are at home, they have the top running game and top defense in the league. I predict it will be a close game, but Ravens pull away and win in the 4th, 28-20 final score.

Lions @ 49ers. I am picking with my heart on this one and taking the Lions. 49ers are better on paper, are at home, and have an extra day to prepare since they played on Saturday night. It won't matter. Detroit is a team of destiny. This franchise has never been to a Super Bowl. They had not won a division title in 30 years, or a playoff game in 32 years. They won more playoff games in 2024 than they had in the previous sixty something years combined. They have not won a road playoff game since 1957, which was also against the 49ers. That's right, 1957, the last time they won an NFL title which was before the Super Bowl existed. I think all those streaks are ending this year. The Lions hired the perfect coach for this roster and are a team that is not afraid of anyone. They have moved on from the loser label and they are ready to win it all. Lions beat the 49ers by a score of 31-27 (same score as in 1957) and advance to their first Super Bowl, where they will beat the Ravens to win the Lombardi Trophy on February 11 in Las Vegas.

OK I flipped a coin with heads being the home team. It came up heads for both games, so the coin says Baltimore and San Fran. I hope it is wrong.

you were pretty close on the score though!

should be a good game in the superbowl this time. Would be amusing to see Brock Purdy go from 'mr irrelevant' to superbowl winner too!