• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Football season is here!!!

bushido_man96

Reshad Jones, the Dolphins safety who really should have been a Pro Bowler last year, is out for the season. So, I guess we really paid for that win. :(

Sorry to hear about that Patrick. Can the Dolphins recover from that injury setback, iyho??

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine commented that Romo has lost his job. Do you feel that way?

The Dolphins win was pretty great, yes, haha.

Patrick

Romo might've lost his job, when that time comes, but, imho, that time hasn't arrived...yet. Dak Prescott is doing a great job, and if he continues to do so, Romo might face his contract being renegotiated with him either taking the back-up job or just retiring; I believe that he'll retire before becoming a back-up QB.

I believe Romo should not return until next year in order to give his back much more rest and strengthening.

GO COWBOYS!!

The Cowboys QB situation here reminds me an awful lot of how Tom Brady became the starter, and future HOFer, in New England.

It also reminds me of a time when Chiefs starter Elvis Grbac got injured, and Marty Schottenheimer subbed in a very successful Rich Gannon. KC made the playoffs behind Gannon, but when Grbac got healthy, Marty said the job was his. KC lost the playoff game, and Gannon eventually signed with the Raiders. And went to a Super Bowl.

I hope the Cowboys don't make the mistake KC did.

That said, KC beat the Saints today, and keep pace with the Raiders in the West.

I'm a very happy Dolphins fan right now, haha. Jay Ajayi is running with authority and our offensive line seems to be carrying the load. Gase cut a couple of guys from the team 2 weeks ago and it seems like shuffling the deck may have helped a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

How about them Cowboys!!

Last week, the Cowboys, America's team, won against the Eagles in OT by the score of 29-23. You want to talk about a game that went back and forth, well, that game was just that. Some highs and some low, as they can be expected, however, a win is a win, no matter what the naysayers might or might not talk up. That to me, was a win that won't soon be forgotten by both sides of the pigskin.

How about them Cowboys!!

Then, this week, the 6-1 Cowboys flew to Ohio to meet up with the 0-8 Browns. The Browns ran out of gas before they knew it. Meanwhile, the 6-1, Cowboys drove right by them almost effortlessly.

The Cowboys took everything that the Browns consider sacred and ran not only away with it, but ran over it and ran through it and every other way as the Cowboys dominated the Browns in their own house.

Dak continues to improve and impress game after game. Theirs no telling when or if Romo will be moved out and away from the DL, but, imho, to replace Prescott with an injured prone Romo is short of treason with any Cowboy fan. Positive momentum trumps hopeful momentum.

There's no man that's better and/or more important than the team. However, I believe that Cowboys owner, Jerry Jones, might be blinded by loyalty to Romo. If the Cowboys want to bring the current momentum to an immediate end, then by all means, bring back Romo. It'll not be if, but when, Romo is sidelined again, and I'll be more than happy to stand up and say to the front office of the Cowboys...I told you so!!

Next for the Cowboys are the 4-4 Steelers on the north shore of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania inside of Heinz Field. This game should be more demanding of the Cowboys, however, they'll be more than ready to serve up some Cowboy justice.

GO COWBOYS!!

• 2 weeks later...

How about them Cowboys over the Steelers, with a score of 35-30. Bringing the Cowboys to 8-1. Now we're talking!!

This game had me oftentimes on the edge of my seat, and on my knees in prayer. I'd see, from time to time, the return of the Steel Curtain, against my Cowboys.

DAK to the resuce! Time and time again just when the Cowboys had their back against the wall, Dak Prescott, QB, would bring the momentum back to the Cowboys.

Jerry Jones, the owner of the Cowboys, is more than pleased with Dak's performances as the Cowboys' starting QB. I couldn't agree any more with the assessment. Romo, imho, can stay on the sidelines while the Dak Cowboys train chugs down the line with all of the positive momentum.

Dak's the STARTING QB....period. Check this out...

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2016/11/15/dak-starter-jerry-jones-still-pleased-cowboys-depth-qb

Romo, for now, is a backup QB, which has been my argument for some time this season. Dak's stats against the Steelers was atypical of him across the board.

Next for the Cowboys...the Ravens, who hold a record of 5-4; a home game for the Cowboys!!

GO COWBOYS!!

How'd your team do this week??

That was a heck of a game between the Cowboys and the Steelers. That fake spike by Big Ben was something else. I thought they might have sealed it there. Zeke is a beast. Dallas has two legitimate offensive ROY candidates on that team, and if Dez Bryant sticks around a while longer, the making of the next "Big Three."

KC pulled one out of their hat this last week, getting a in in Carolina against a reeling Panthers team. Now, the upcoming game between KC and Denver has been flexed to prime time, bumping the Pats/Jets matchup. Hopefully, it ends up being a great game. Winner moves into first place in the AFC West.

Thanks, Brian, kind words about my Cowboys! Romo's speech, imho, was a political correct, I mean, after all, what else can/could he have said?! NOTHING, but smile and accept his new role. I'm sure Jerry Jones told Romo to cool your jets and support the ENTIRE TEAM ROSTER, including Dak. This Sunday, we've the 5-4 Raven in our house, and I believe that this, too, will be another Cowboy win, but the Cowboys MUST RESPECT the Ravens and keep their heads in the game, and to not EVER get complacent, especially in the NFL.

Yeah, I saw what your Chiefs did against the Panthers; great win for you guys. The Chiefs need to be up for that game against the Broncos. To me, it might be the upset like it was for the Seahawks against the Patriots IN Brady's house!! Good luck to your Chiefs!!

To everyone else, good luck with your team this week!!

GO COWBOYS!!

How about them 9-1 Cowboys!!

Cowboys won against the Ravens 27-17 behind Dak's 3 TD passes. With that win, the Cowboys have the longest win streak in their franchise, and they have the best win/loss record in all of the NFL!!

Next, the Washington Redskins in Arlington, TX for a rivalry between these two teams that goes way back to 1966 on Thanksgiving Day. The Cowboys lead that record of 6-1, and overall, the Cowboys have a Thanksgiving day game record of 29-18-1. However, the Cowboys have lost the past two Thanksgiving day games:

Philadelphia Eagles 33, DALLAS COWBOYS 10

Carolina Panthers 33, DALLAS COWBOYS 14

So, imho, the Cowboys are about due to change the 'L' to a 'W' once again under the leadership of DAK PRESCOTT...QB...the starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys!!

Am I nervous? Yes!! Am I scared? Yes!! And yes, the Redskins defeated the Cowboys back in 2012 with a Thanksgiving day score of:

Washington Redskins 38, DALLAS COWBOYS 31

Yes, the Redskins dominated the Packers with a 42-24 win coming into Texas to face my Cowboys...and a worried fan might have good reasons to wonder....will the Thanksgiving day game curse be lifted in 2016 with Dak at the helm...nah...they'll be fine, that's the Cowboys, that is.

On other gridirons...

Brian's Chiefs lost a tough one to the Buccaneers 19-17, dropping them to a record of 7-3, and ending their 5 game win streak. The Red Zone still causes them grief, and in the past two weeks, they're 1-5 Red Zone attacks to their credit. Next week for the Chiefs...the 7-3 Broncos in Denver, CO. Good luck, Brian, and you know what....GO CHIEFS!!

Patrick's Dolphins squeaked by the Rams 14-10, improving their record to 6-4. And you have to say...WHAT A COMEBACK for the Dolphins!! The Dolphins were scoreless in the first three quarters, but did the possible, they scored their 14, and deciding points in the 4th quarter, shutting down the Rams from shining to dull; never say die, and that's exactly what the Dolphins showed to everyone, especially the stunned Ram fans in Los Angeles, CA. Next for the Dolphins...the dismal 1-9 49ers in Miami, FL. Still, the Dolphins won't be overconfident, because in the NFL, if you are overconfident, that NFL does stand for Not For Long, and those 1-9 49ers will surprise everyone as they creep up to a 2-9 record. Good luck, Patrick, and the say goes to you as well...GO DOLPHINS!!

Hey, how did YOUR team do this week??

I now return to....

GO COWBOYS!!