bushido_man96

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony Romo got married over the weekend. Keeping with the spirit of things, the garter toss was incomplete.

ROFL

:P

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 2 months later...

FINALLY...The NFL Lockout is OVER!!

Time for some FOOTBALL!!

My Cowboys have a so so schedule, but I still don't see them in the playoffs because there are just too many great teams, like the Jets or the Chiefs or the Colts or...well...any team that was in last years playoffs.

I'm expecting Romo to concentrate more, now that he's married, he'll be more relaxed and settled. Here's to hoping!!

Will this years football suffer across the board because of how long it took to get back to training camps and the like? I'm afraid that it will to some uncertain degree...less camps means more injury possibilities, as well as raw rough undisciplined execution on both sides of the ball.

GO COWBOYS!!

[YANKEE SHOUT OUT...GO YANKEES...I know this is a football thread but I had that shout building up inside of me...sorry.]

:)

• 1 month later...

Well, we are two weeks into the 2011 season now, so what's up with your team, everyone!?

As I'm sure everyone has noticed so far, the Chiefs look ABISMALL. I think its going to be a long season. Who knows, maybe they'll win the Mark Luck lottery? But, I wonder, if they would draft him and send Cassel on his way, or stick with Cassel. I would hope the new GM, Pioli, would make the right decision and draft the best player available.

But, that's getting ahead of things a bit. Who knows, they may still be able to win 3 or 4 games, likely taking them out of the running for Luck. We'll see.

In other bad news, along with losing Eric Berry and Tony Moeaki for the season, reports from this last Sunday state Jamaal Charles likely has an ACL injury, which could translate to gone for the season, as well. Things just keep getting better and better.

Also, allowing 40+ points two weeks in a row....where's the defense? Man, I haven't seen beatings that bad in quite some time, and not back to back.

I hope everyone else is having a good year!

I feel for you Brian. After watching both Chief games in which the Chiefs were...well...soundly beaten, I'm quite perplexed. What happened to the Chiefs of 2010? Lockout didn't help much but that excuse, for every NFL team that's not doing so well, won't hold water much longer. Still, I'm expecting the Chiefs to better their win-loss ratio this year from last year.

As far as my Cowboys are concerned...I'm OK. We lost to the Jets in game one, a game a was sure that we'd win, because Romo couldn't keep a handle on the pig at a crucial time in the game; Jets win! I was proud and shocked at the same time when Romo owned the accountability of their loss to the Jets. I even clapped out loud during his post-game interview.

Then, came game #2 against the 49ers in which I saw one fantastic battle to the end. Then to see Romo return to the game, with a fractured rib, in the 3rd quarter spoke to me of Shugyo...suck-it-up, and that's what Romo did, and he earned a lot of respect from me. Which doesn't come easy for me because I've been very critical of him these past few years. When it mattered, Romo came through. But this was a total team effort, from the defense shutting down the 49ers in the second half and getting the ball back to the offense to role players and backups stepping up in place of injured starters.

Will the Cowboys improve their win-loss ratio? I'm 50/50 on deciding this, but what I've seen so far...maybe!

Game #3...Cowboys host the Redskins...I believe that this game is crucial for the Cowboys because a win for the 'Boys just might start the ball rolling in a important and needed win streak.

As far as Cowboys' injuries...Romo might be placed on Injured Reserve...Terence Newman out with a groin injury...Orlando Scandrick out with an ankle injury...Bill Nagy is doubtful with a neck injury...Dez Bryant is questionable with a thigh injury...Miles Austin is probable with a knee injury...Martellus Bennett is probable with an ankle injury...Phil Costa is probable with a knee injury...Mike Jenkins is probable with a shoulder injury...Sean Lee is probable with a back injury...Anthony Spencer is probable with a shoulder injury...Tyron Smith is probable with a knee injury.

GO COWBOYS!!

I don't think the Chiefs will better their win-loss totals over last year. They had a pretty favorable schedule last year, and this year KC has a tough one. Getting shellacked by two teams that have been subpar the last several years doesn't bode well when the tough ones roll around.

And it has been confirmed that KC has lost Charles for the year to an ACL injury. Oh, drat.

Andrew Luck, here we come!

I was being kind Brian...lol when I spoke about the Chiefs win/loss ration...sorry.

That's not good for the Chiefs to have lost Charles for the season.

Still, two games down, nothing to do about that...a lot of the season still left to play.

The Dolphins are terrible. We just can't get it done and we're not really using Bush all that much.

It surprises me to say the Chiefs could have won against the Chargers last Sunday, but they were in it till the end. I don't look for KC to play that many close ones throughout the year, though. That could have been our chance to get into the W collumn.

Chiefs win! Chiefs win! It was great seeing Cassel get fired up after arguing with Haley. Man, he really turned it on, and Breaston is looking better and better as a WR. The duo of him and Bowe looks promising, and it will be interesting to see what Baldwin can do when he finally plays.

The offensive line still has issues, and hope they figure it out so the running game can take off again.